which hand?

Ard

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You do something for 58 years and you can't remember how you do it?

I'm sure you tie your flies. Do you use your right hand to tie? Is the vice facing left or right when you face it?
Maybe I should have remained quiet, I thought it was about how you tie the fly onto the leader? Which hand does what?

Now I am concentrating...... I hold my hook or fly with my right - then I pass the leader through the eye with leader held in left hand - then I use bout hands as well as my teeth to tie the secret knot that never breaks. The answer is both.

Fly tying my vise points right and I use my right hand more than the left.

You can tell we are near winters end; two popular threads about not telling anyone the place you fish and another up and comer about which hand I hold what with........

Acheron

Reaction score
I hold the fly in my right also.
Look at all the responses to this, lol!! We're all weird.

old timer

Reaction score
Maybe I should have remained quiet, I thought it was about how you tie the fly onto the leader? Which hand does what?

Now I am concentrating...... I hold my hook or fly with my right - then I pass the leader through the eye with leader held in left hand - then I use bout hands as well as my teeth to tie the secret knot that never breaks. The answer is both.

Fly tying my vise points right and I use my right hand more than the left.

You can tell we are near winters end; two popular threads about not telling anyone the place you fish and another up and comer about which hand I hold what with........

I must have been in a really cranky mood to make that post. I cracked a rib again and I shouldn't post when that happens. Sorry.