Winter Fly Swap 2019

MCHammer

Reaction score
Re: Parachute Emerger recipe and notes

Just an update. Not ending quite as I'd hoped for. I planned to ship what I have last week but some life happened. More than one close family member needs my help now in my little spare time. It's going to take some time to get these mailed out properly because I need to identify the flies for this to end as a good swap rather than a pack of flies from who knows who. Could I get a volunteer to snap some pics and post them up on the thread? If so, I will ship to you tomorrow and make sure the flies are labeled. Then I could just send the rest of them out very soon. Promise I'm not skipping the country with all your flies lol. :)
I would be happy to snap some photos and post them if that will help. You have my address, I believe.

ia_trouter

Reaction score

Guys,

I’m sorry for disappearing. This is not how a fly swap is supposed to work. I’ve been in about 6 forum fly swaps and I hosted several of them quite successfully. I was fully retired then, and now I am not. Unfortunately some life happened and a fly swap became far less important. I’ve encountered a series of challenges that still haven’t stopped. I’ll keep the excuses brief, but I have some loved ones in poor health that needed my time. My mother and daughter are important to me. Testing indicates they seem to be better now and that’s a relief. A whole bunch more going on I have shared with Ard and won’t trouble you with. I do hope nobody thinks I was trying to scam you out of flies.

I do owe you some transparency though, but I don’t want to make promises I can’t keep. I don’t want to allow the swap to end BOTH late, and unprofessional. I have most everyone’s flies. I waited a little while past the deadline and that paid off as a few more did arrive.

So here is where we are tonight. I just finished address labels for everyone. (Some of you sent a self addressed envelope and thanks as I didn’t ask for that). I am working on toe tags for the flies. I don’t want to send out a pile of flies and you have no idea who tied them. I have all your names now but I need to dig through the thread and put forum names on the tags so you have some idea what flies you have. It’s going to take a minute to research this, then print and tag 100+ flies.

It will be OK in the end, and again I am truly sorry for how this was conducted. I feel really bad about it.

Almost forgot, I'll still need MC to post PICs of the flies eventually. I'm not equipped to do that timely, and part of the reason I need to get the toe tags done so they can be identified properly.

Dewayne

DonW

Reaction score

I wasn't concerned about the flies, figured they would get to me sooner or later, all fishable water around me is under several feet of snow and ice right now anyway. But was a little concerned that you fell off the radar, hope everything is coming together for you with what ever you're dealing with. been there done that regarding close family and severe health issues alot in recent years, hang in there hopefully life will return to some normalcy for you.

johnnymaltby

Reaction score

Dewayne, no need to stress about it, family comes first. I am just happy you started to get forum members engaging in swaps again. I am hoping the swaps continue, this seems to be one of the best features of a forum like this!

sparsegraystubble

Reaction score
Hi Dewayne,

The important thing is always people. Things like trout flies are way down the list.

Glad your folks are doing better. And as we age, all of us have these things to deal with. I’m sure no one here was concerned that you had absconded with our flies to open a shop in Idaho.

So don’t be concerned or stressed about this whole project. This stuff is supposed to be fun and it should never be a burden.

Thanks for all your work. Hang in there bud.

Best wishes,

Don

grifmxc

Reaction score
No, I haven’t heard anything, but in all fairness I haven’t asked either.

-Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk