Winter Time In Minnesota

itchmesir

Reaction score
It feels like forever since I've gotten out to do fishing of any kind... Probably because it has... But I finally found some free time today to get out and fish... Was a nice day to be out... Warm for December and not too windy... Fished at Whitewater State Park thanks to Minnesota's new "State Parks Season"... By the looks of the trails and boot prints plenty have made use of the new season...

ted4887

Reaction score
Nice! I don't think I've ever caught a sucker this late in the year. Then again I don't normally do much fishing in December, either.

mickalo

Reaction score
With the crazy weather were getting around here in NW., Iowa I may still be able to wet a line a few more times .... hopefully before my lic., expires ;) Those are some nice catches.

Mike

ia_trouter

Reaction score
I thought midge season should be starting soon. Last year it was one chance and then straight to sub 10 degrees which is outside my fun window.

I can't speak for all IA streams, but my locals do not have any sucker near that large to my knowledge. Oh and I just noticed you caught some trout too lol. Lately the bows have been especially vibrant here too.

itchmesir

Reaction score
Got out again today. This time I broke in the new CGR 2wt... The trout put a nice bend in this little guy... Great little rod that can lay a bit of line out even when tossing 2 nymphs and an indicator...

Fishing was slower today... Was forecasted to be warmer than yesterday but I don't think that was the case... It wasn't frigid but I had to deal with my guides icing up... Using a rod that's only 6'2" makes cleaning them a whole lot easier at least... Whether it was due to air temp or colder water temps was unknown... Either way the trout weren't nearly as active... Saw no rising... No midge... But was still able to wrangle a few in...