Wyoming "cutt slam"

hatidua

Reaction score
I've only just learned of this goal/task/accomplishment this morning when a friend emailed me a link. I'm not asking for anyone's 'secret spot' but if anyone would be willing to divulge an area where I could potentially get this ball rolling, I'd very much appreciate it and if it happens to be in your area, the cold frosty beverages are on me when I scoot through town. Thanks for any info at all :)

Update 6/30 - Yellowstone Cutthroat now caught.

Last edited:

mmorris56

Reaction score
Last time I checked Fish and Game’s website they also listed some general areas. They also put out a guide for water in specific areas.

hatidua

Reaction score
Thank you everyone that has contacted me with info, it's greatly appreciated. Pretty much every spot is at least 500 miles from me so I'm trying to 'focus' as best I can as nothing is close. This would seem to make a flats grand slam seem pretty easy by comparison! Each of these fish will be the result of a whole lot of highway time in addition to all the other factors.

Thanks again :)

nawagner

Reaction score
Every time I've mapped it out it's a two to three day adventure. With lot's of windshield time. At least it is to get it done in one shot. There is no time limit so theoretically it could be spread out over many trips and years.

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
Every time I've mapped it out it's a two to three day adventure. With lot's of windshield time. At least it is to get it done in one shot. There is no time limit so theoretically it could be spread out over many trips and years.
I agree with you, it's been a long time since I first started fishing the American West but between 1981 and 2004 I think I caught about all of them as well as some cross species types. Even fished for little rare ones in the mountains of Colorado and whatever kind are in the mountains of the Texas Panhandle on the Reservation. Fished in many places from Montana south and caught many trout that I wasn't positive of their species but they were cutthroats. Back then I never heard of a grand slam outside baseball.