Yukon/Alaska Summer of 2021 Adventure

cdnred

Reaction score
I've been thru the Yukon and Alaska on an extended trip back in 2018 but didn't spend any time fishing (big regret). I'm thinking about heading back in the summer of 2021 (?) once this COVID gets under control that'll allow freer travel. I'm a 70 year old Canadian with time on my hands so I'm open as far as time is concerned. I've got a 17ft self contained travel trailer, (2) Honda generators for power, one man Sea Eagle inflatable with a 2.5 hp motor and tons of fishing gear. I'd prefer to find a nice secluded (full hookup..?) campground, not sure of the likelihood that'll happen..? I'd prefer to hire a guide for a day or two to flesh out the area until I got my bearings down. I'd be open to either going to the Yukon or Alaska and I'd be looking at salmon, steelhead and trout fishing. Have others been thru this before that can give me some ideas, pointers or suggestions of places to go, guides to hookup with, campgrounds, this will be more of a DIY type trip..? I've posted here as well as in the Alaska section..