The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

The Juke Box Rock on! or whatever music you think the forum should hear.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 04-21-2016, 06:10 PM
Prince

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Prince

Likes smilingduck, hairwing530, spm liked this post
Old 04-21-2016, 06:26 PM

comeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince

What a great musician,

I will never forget the early 80's when my dad somehow walked in to my friends house who actually had cable TV and MTV when they actually played music videos and their was a Prince video on with Wendy and Lisa who were openly Lesbian which was so thrilling for a 12 year old boy.

On the other hand I think my dad though the world was coming to an end, I swear he was running outside to wait for the rapture.....he was speechless

By the way that video is awesome , some serious talent on that stage

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes smilingduck, hairwing530 liked this post
Old 04-21-2016, 06:30 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

I was never much of a fan of Prince but his talent is/was undeniable. The music though, brings back memories of growing up in the 80's and 90's, that's for sure.

I remember watching the video of the George Harrison tribute like it was yesterday and I agree Brian, the talent on that stage is pretty incredible.
Likes hairwing530 liked this post
Old 06-08-2016, 05:38 AM

hairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond repute

jaybo41,

I think that the music put out by the late Prince was an "acquired taste" for some. Personally, I liked some of his stuff, especially early on. Some of the "middle of his career" offerings, however, weren't among my favorites.

Then came his later years and a new approach of sorts-- intimate venues that allowed him to be up close and personal with his audiences. Therein was where one of the late Prince's true strong suits really showed up-- his ability to relate to the audience and "let them in," so to speak, such as in his concert series known as "Musicology." The shows often included everything from big-band swing to Prince simply sitting on-stage alone, with nothing more than an acoustic guitar and singing short renditions of his classics. It was a brilliant move by a very talented and gifted musician/musical genius...

I recently saw some clips from one of his "Musicology" shows back in 2004, and the last song he sang at that concert began with the line "Sometimes, it snows in April..." If memory serves, the late Prince passed on from this life on April 21st of this year, some 12 years later...

So it does...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes smilingduck, brook rookie liked this post