Lightnin Hopkins

txshane

Reaction score
If you look up the word "cool" in the dictionary, it has a picture of Lightnin' next to it.

flytie09

Reaction score
Lightnin Hopkins in my estimation is on the Mount Rushmore of the Blues Greats. Kick ass stuff.

ft09

txshane

Reaction score
Several years ago I was hanging out on a blues guitar forum, and we were focused on Lightnin' for a while. He recorded a pile of records. He pretty much just played 3 or 4 songs though, but he had dozens and dozens of different lyrics to go with each one. :D

This thread made me dig this up from my archives from back then. My meager attempt, but nobody does it like Lightnin' did.
Mojo Hand by shane2mc | Free Listening on SoundCloud

teledan

Reaction score
Awesome Shane!! I play a little but recently have gotten the bug to start playing more. The problem is I fish too much :) I broke out my harps last night too and played for my 4mo old little girl. She was loving it, even though it didn't sound too good :) It's been too long.

txshane

Reaction score
Practice helps for sure. But it's not everything. My son is 20. He started playing when he was 11, so 9 years on the guitar. I've been playing for 42 years. He can play circles around me. Anything you throw at him, he can play it - SRV, EVH, Jimi.... He just has the gift. Sorry little punk. :D

txshane

Reaction score
I think that's a clip from the film, "The Blues Accordin' to Lightnin' Hopkins". I have the DVD somewhere, but it's been a long time since I watched it.

teledan

Reaction score
I'll have to look that up, thanks Shane! I have been learning a few of his guitar riffs that he commonly uses. Real fun stuff to play!