Kayak Pictures

fishingfly

Reaction score
Hey Yall,

I was out fishing in my 12 foot pungo (stock) this evening as I usually do to relax after work. However I found myself frustrated by a lever directly in front of me that controls the seat. Every other cast would be fouled because the line wrapped around the lever during the cast, regardless of where I strip the line. Like I said before there are no accessories on the boat, but was wondering what the cockpit of some other kayak fishers look like. I'll post a picture of mine when I can.

Thanks

Reactions: Ard

Rip Tide

Reaction score
You might try throwing a towel over your lap to act as a stripping apron.
I started doing that to protect my lily white legs from sunburn and found it to be handy in more ways than one. :rolleyes:

fishingfly

Reaction score
Thanks Ard, I'm sure I'll post several at some point. I'll try a towel but it might cover the cup holder and I'm not sure if I can do without :rolleyes:

riverbilly

Reaction score
I haven't fly fished out of a sit inside, but I've fished with a few that do love their Pungos.
Got to have a clear deck which means I don't bring the depth finder anymore.

Here's mine -

But I do agree that at times the cup hold needs to be utilized. :D

I was very surprised that it doesn't mess with the line.
What does bug me is that anytime I have to make a little correction with my paddle, the line always gets under the paddle shaft. I'm constantly having to pull it out.

fishingfly

Reaction score
Nice ride, sit on tops are looking better and better to me. I do like how most sit in sides paddle though. Not to mention some nice fish

joad

Reaction score
I also have a Pungo 120, it's a great fishing machine. I've always just used a towel over my legs to catch the line, and still allows easy access to the cup holder.

Joad

fishingfly

Reaction score
Well it looks like that problem is solved, what type of rod holders are you using? Right not Im just setting them in the front of the boat and sticking my feet over the side.

joad

Reaction score
At one time I had built a dash board that had a scotty rod holder, a mount for a GPS, hooks for a camera, flybox, pliers and whatever else i was dragging along. It looked pretty cool, but I never liked how the rod hung out over the boat, and the other stuff always seem to get in the the way when I was casting or fighting a fish. All I have now is a bungee triangle on the side of the boat that holds my fly rod, I mainly use it only for when I'm first setting out or getting ready to come in, other then that I just keep it in the cockpit with me. You have to be carefull if you have the rod tip sticking out the front of the boat when paddling around, a low hanging branch can snap a rod before you can get the boat stopped.

Joad

fishingfly

Reaction score
Thats a good point, my buddy just got a Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140i and rigged it with 6 Scotty rod holders. We will see how that goes... One guy, however, solved that issue by grinding the stubs on the clamp down so that the holder rotates without clamping down. Works well from what I've seen. Think my next/first accessory is an anchor trolley.