Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Kayak seat help

Default Kayak seat help

Looking for an inexpensive seat for my talon 12 sot
    I fish to be one with nature... I practice catch and release to keep fish alive for the next angler

Default Re: Kayak seat help

I have a Field and Stream Talon 12 also. The seat is terrible. I went to Austin Kayak and bought a Feel Free seat. Reasonable price. Very comfortable. No regrets. Huge improvement.
    I agree with every known theory of fly design....John Geirach

Default Re: Kayak seat help

I bought a Purple cushion off of Amazon. 2" version. Very comfortable for a sit-in kayak.

4. Default Re: Kayak seat help

I bought an Ascend D10 that comes with a gel seat. I used a large fold up stadium seat. I put an old spill-proof style floor mat under it to keep it from digging into the boat and installed new tie down loops. I then put the gel seat that was tied down into the stadium seat and had a cushioned stable seat. The larger versions of this kayak come with a removable stadium style seat.
    On another note the seat for the 10 footer is too far back for a larger paddler and the bow rises out of the water making tracking near impossible. Installing the stadium seat moved the seat position forward where I could get some tracking