What the heck is this?

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I have not but would suggest that generally speaking you often get what you pay for. I would look to a raft & kayak dealer near where you live and get something that will be serviceable.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking of the Scadden rafts Larry but am not overly familiar with them.

So fivestar, that's what I was talking about, get the real thing and when you need to replace a valve or bladder you will be able to get one with waiting for something to come from overseas.

If my replies seem distanced that would be because of my endless suspicions surrounding someone who joins and then posts links to some offshore company selling knock off products dirt cheap. It's just the result of seeing posts like yours for years with no real intro.

Real intro's tell us something about you like where your from, what you fish for etc. When there is no dialog just a post with links I interpret them as a sort of passive spam.

Sorry

fivestar

Reaction score
Hey boys, thanks for the info. I knew there had to be an original out there somewhere.

I don't think you can buy them from that site anyway unless you are a business. They are the manufacturers I think.

I'm looking to get one of these for the trout spots in Australia where I live and fish. It looks awesome. Wonder how much shipping would be from Dave.

So is there an introduction area or just post here? What's the protocol?

Thanks

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Hey guys, I'm new here. Didn't see an introduction area so Hello to all fellow fly-fishers!

Can anyone tell me what the heck this is?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2015-China-Factory-High-Quality-Korean_60340692957.html

https://youtu.be/5RuumtWUc80?list=PLCuEsY0rC67xpqPRvBwsexJiIZbovrmwM

I've been out of the game for a while now but it looks awesome. Are these a thing? Who sells them? I'm getting back in.

Cheers!
Looks like some thing I'd expect to fall off ......

mjkirshner

Reaction score
Looks like a cheap Chinese knock off of the Fusion series by Dave Scadden:

Dave Scadden Paddlesports
Actually, the photos seem to be identical, so either Alibaba is using a photo of the Fusion to sell a cheap knock-off, or both photos are from the manufacturer and Alibaba is selling the same product for a fraction of the price. There is some discussion on other forums about whether the Scadden products are made in the U.S. or China, so you have to draw your own conclusion.