Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: BOTE Rover

Default BOTE Rover

Anyone look at or get to mess around with the new BOTE Rover micro skiff/SUP yet (not even sure if they are out yet)?

Look like exactly what I have been looking for and would work perfect for the way and area's I fish.

Wondering if it is as cool in person as the videos look, lol.

J-

Default Re: BOTE Rover

Did you pull the trigger?

From what I understand there are currently many design flaws with this new toy. I was looking to buy one this summer but have decided against it.

3. Thanks justhrowit thanked for this post

If there are design flaws in the Rover, also take a look at the Solo Skiff, if you have not already.
    I've read some really fantastic reviews of it.

J

Quote Originally Posted by brokeoff View Post
    Did you pull the trigger?

From what I understand there are currently many design flaws with this new toy. I was looking to buy one this summer but have decided against it.
    Nope haven't been able to find one to look at. Can buy something like this sight unseen.

What kind of issues have you heard about?

J-

I have seen one but did not demo. It is very cool to look at. However, by the time it is outfitted the way I would want, it would be around $7K before the cost of adding a trailer hitch to my car. The Solo skiff is considerably less expensive, although not nearly as flashy. If you are looking for something closer to a SUP than a skiff, check out the Dragonfly. It is considerably smaller and lighter, but they tell me that you can add a small motor like a Bixpy. If you are looking for something trolling speed rather than higher speed like the Rover or Solo, the Dragonfly with a Bixpy jet could be a nice option.

People complain about the humidity in Florida... but no one's ever had to shovel humidity to get to his car.