Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marana ,Hellazonia . Idaho , Utah , Mt , NM and Wyoming at different times of the year .

Default Re: Costco has Pontoon Boats on sale for $300

You get what you pay for .
    Last edited by jangles; 05-28-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Thanks, our trip is still two months away and I'm already having trouble sleeping at night due to the anticipation.

I still haven't taken my boat on it's maiden voyage yet, but I hope to get it on a lake in a couple of weeks.

I did upgrade the oars however. I've heard of people having trouble with the oars that come with the boat.

Sadly, I spent more on the oars than I did on the boat.

Still, I have spent pretty much the same amount of money if I would've bought the boat at Cabela's, and that would've been with the cheaper oars.

I added some 7' foot Sawyer fiberglass oars.
    -Rick Allen

Quote Originally Posted by jangles View Post
    I have a Colorado classic pontoon pretty close to what you have I floated the St Joe , Kootenai and Clearwater river with it , no problems at all . One thing I would suggest is when in fast water keep her pointed with the flow not across it and you'll be fine . Good luck , would love to be going on that trip .
    I just bought the Colorado and it is a great boat. It's on sale on Amazon for $299. I read reviews on the Costco boat and they were iffy. The same company makes the Colorado and its it's a step up from the Wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfly View Post
    I just bought the Colorado and it is a great boat. It's on sale on Amazon for $299. I read reviews on the Costco boat and they were iffy. The same company makes the Colorado and its it's a step up from the Wilderness.
    Great, I just loaded my iffy Wilderness into my truck, and I plan on taking it for a shake down cruise on a lake in Arizona this weekend before taking it to Montana this summer.

I hope I don't have any issues.

I did upgrade the oars from the stock oars. I bought a set of Sawyer 7' foot fiberglass oars. They friggin' cost more than the boat, $392.00.

I'm a complete novice to floating a river and the last thing I wanted was an equipment failure several days into a week long float trip.

Do you happen to know specifically what was iffy about the Wilderness?
    -Rick Allen

5. Likes jangles liked this post
    Marana ,Hellazonia . Idaho , Utah , Mt , NM and Wyoming at different times of the year .

Sounds like you really got burned . Hmmm
    Last edited by jangles; 05-28-2019 at 08:50 AM.

I read some reports of weld breaking and the oar issue. Spent 3 hours this morning on the Colorado. Great boat.

8. Thanks myt1 thanked for this post
    Streams in the GWNF, SNP,Potomac, Rappahanock and Shenandoah Rivers, Exploring NY and PNW rivers

Very nice boat.
    "To many afflicted Eastern fishermen, the 'Green Drake Hatch' is as irresistible and habit-forming as black jack, whiskey, or easy women."
    Caucci and Nastasi, Hatches II

Hi, who can give advice? I want to give my old man a gift, I think to give a kayak. But I do not quite understand the topic, it is better to be inflatable, or with a seat on top?
    When searching in Google, it shows that these are popular models: Vibe, Sun Dolphin and tamarack.
    What can people with experience recommend? The price of the kayak or the possibility of transporting it to the fishing spot is not limited.
    Thank you in advance for your help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12