Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. Default Were are all the Ladies?!

    I would like to know what other ladies are on this forum? A little bit about you and where you live, how often you fish etc.
    Thanks,
    Joni

  2. Default There is one here in Massachusetts..........

    I am somewhat of a novice, and mostly trying to find someone to fish
    with. Many guys can't believe that us ladies actually can, and do it with
    as much enthusiasm as they do. We just don't like to go alone.

  3. Default Re: Were are all the Ladies?!

    I hear that. While working in Orvis the gentlemen customers would just walk right past when I asked if I could help. The fact that I am a guide also, they always say can you help my wife, when I have accually helped several men.
    I am trying to get my fishing ladies on board here. I have fished with several and they are getting better real fast. Lefty knows about women and fly fishing.
    Hope I see you post more, I would live to hear how you are progressing. You got the passion I can tell.

  4. Default Re: Were are all the Ladies?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Joni
    I hear that. While working in Orvis the gentlemen customers would just walk right past when I asked if I could help. The fact that I am a guide also, they always say can you help my wife, when I have accually helped several men.I am trying to get my fishing ladies on board here. I have fished with several and they are getting better real fast. Lefty knows about women and fly fishing.Hope I see you post more, I would live to hear how you are progressing. You got the passion I can tell.
    Well, I can say Joni that you are the one I preferred to help me at Orvis. Your knowlege was always top notch and your tying patterns are amazing. I have actually always thought that ladies are better casters then men. We tend to overdo it while the ladies have a natural delicacy to their casts that just blends with the flyfishing world well.

    Did you ever fish that perch pattern that you had displayed at the store?
    All Means All

  5. Default Re: Were are all the Ladies?!

    I will give Joni her kudos. She is by far one of the most knowledgable fisherpersons I know and by far the best tier!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. Thumbs up Re: Were are all the Ladies?!

    Quote Originally Posted by fshfanatic
    I will give Joni her kudos. She is by far one of the most knowledgable fisherpersons I know and by far the best tier!
    Agreed on the tying Joni as I've enjoyed some of your flies in at least one if not two swaps from another forum. Very nicely done.

    I'm also convinced that my wife would outfish me hands down if I could actually find a way for catching fish (for either of us) to happen at the same time she comes. So far I've only introduced her to the meaning of skunked. Surprise, not a lot of interest. Hopefully we'll change that up here. Brings up a question (that I'll raise in a separate post).

    TJ
    Te vas por la sombrita

  7. Default Re: Were are all the Ladies?!

    Joni:

    I joined the forum and where it asked if I was referred by someone from the forum (not exact wording), I put in your name, but it came back and said that you are not valid!

    Last Sunday was another very windy day on the river - after fighting the wind for about 45 minutes - I decided to sit down and watch the man go at it and possibly learn from his technique. He caught a few nice ones and then the rain clouds started rolling in and we were tired, so we left.

    Can't wait to catch up with you and Alan again - when we're back in town!

    See ya soon!
    ST

  8. Default Re: Were are all the Ladies?!

    Thanks for all the replies, it makes it all worth it. I am a fishing fool and could go 24/7 (which I might be doing LOL). Anyone up for a day, pm me and I am there if I am not at the Lodge.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Were are all the Ladies?!

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ Rowden
    Agreed on the tying Joni as I've enjoyed some of your flies in at least one if not two swaps from another forum. Very nicely done.I'm also convinced that my wife would outfish me hands down if I could actually find a way for catching fish (for either of us) to happen at the same time she comes. So far I've only introduced her to the meaning of skunked. Surprise, not a lot of interest. Hopefully we'll change that up here. Brings up a question (that I'll raise in a separate post).TJ
    Is this the infamous TJRowdy? Long thought lost from UOTF?
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

  10. Default Re: Were are all the Ladies?!

    Hey Joni,
    I have good news, not only do I fly fish, but I have two daughters that fish. They are fifth generation Catskill Fly Fisherman and keep the family tradition going. We get alot of looks gearing up to see three women getting ready to get into the stream. We are out there, though at shows I still get asked, "so honey do you fish?" But that's okay. We are taking the family to Denver for a week this summer and the gear is coming. I can't wait.
    See you on the water
    Flymom

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •