Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ladies

Blog Entries

Default Ladies

Looking through the forums and doing some searches I've reaffirmed that you ladies are few and far between in fly fishing. Why? I know this is an old question but I have yet to see any reasonable answers. I run into women on the river and in the shops but I never see those faces at the monthly meetings. I am curious so I know how our organization can better serve the fly fishing community. I know for fact our organization's board (with one woman officer) is not the only one scratching its head trying to figure this out.

What can angling organizations do to get your participation? Our ears are open.
    Nice fish! Do you have anymore pictures of it lying in the dirt?
    As publicity increases so does the propensity of tripping over yards of mono attached to a Dipsey sinker.

Default Re: Ladies

I haven't had much physical club participation, buy I've been in a FF "Meet Up" for a year or so. This is sort of like an FF club crossed with facebook. We have many women in the MU and it's not unusual to have 2 to 4 of the ladies on an outing.
    The structure of the MU is such that every one, guys and gals both, I think, take the same kind of approach as you would with on line dating.
    I can't blame them.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

Blog Entries

I have no idea about on-line dating. I did it the "old fashioned" way.

Interesting thought though. The fact women don't want to show up as a result of all the men?

So would a women's only outing be a better start? This way they can get to know other women before plunging into a herd of guys?

Or am I misinterpreting your suggestion?
    As publicity increases so does the propensity of tripping over yards of mono attached to a Dipsey sinker.

One of the benefits to the Meet Up is that it's someone to go with. A lot of our members are new to the sport or the area. We stress to each and all to keep our partners in sight. We car pool to outings and have to stress to drivers to keep track and bring back all you brought. This rule is named after a woman who rode up with a guy who disappeared for 6 hours while she sat next to the locked vehicle. At that, she was lucky to have caught a ride home with someone else from the group.
    And every open-to-all group has to end up with one "creep". Some times they join as a trio.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

5. Likes littledavid123, corn fed fins liked this post
    Blog Entries

I'm getting some great feedback. Nothing like having a new box of tools to dig through.

I really want to hear any and all ideas. Thanks and keep it coming, PLEASE.