Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: double haul

1. Default Re: double haul

I forgot to say,there is a way you can practice the 'rhythm' at home.
    Just attach a zinger to the hook keeper on the bottom section of rod, as you tap forward pull down on the zinger, then let the zinger pull you hands back together same on the back cast, it works a treat but you do look a little silly when your family walk in on you and catch you 'in the act'!
    Cheers
    Richard

Default Re: double haul

what is a zinger???
    As long as I get a bite, I don't want to leave!

3. Default Re: double haul

Thanks for the idea. The only Zinger I knew of was by Dolly Madison, and it didn't seem to fit what you were talking about...LOL

5. Default Re: double haul

I just had to look up Dolly Madison zinger, now i see why your signature quote read 'As long as I get a bite, I don't want to leave!' LOL

Just a longshot, but did you try your local library? Sometimes they surprise you with the videos they have

Quote Originally Posted by DEVON FLYFISHER View Post
    I just had to look up Dolly Madison zinger, now i see why your signature quote read 'As long as I get a bite, I don't want to leave!' LOL

What I meant by my signature was....if I get a bite when I am fishing, I don't want to go home...I may not be catching...but if I get any bites within a reasonable time, I am staying for the long haul....unless my teens are pressuring me to go, which does happen from time to time.

So you see the Zinger meant a cake product to me...lol

My local library has very little in the video dept. If they have anything, it was just put in. I just may have to double check that, thanks for the idea.

9. Default Re: double haul

Quote Originally Posted by kelkay View Post
    My local library has very little in the video dept. If they have anything, it was just put in. I just may have to double check that, thanks for the idea.
    Kel -

I sympathize with you on the double haul issue. The videos I found online did nothing to help me figure it out. It's a rhythm thing that I needed to have demonstrated in person to learn. I have no rhythm, so it was tough. Then again, I can't dance either.

Recently, I took a ladies casting class at the NJ Fly Fishing show and asked the instructor (Kathy Beck) to teach me during the class. I got the hang of it and practiced a little, but I find little use for it unless I'm casting on a pond and the only pond I can fish regularly has no backcast space! The only thing I can suggest is to see if someone can teach you in person. May a local TU or fishing club - surely there must be other fly fishers you can ask. I would hope most anyone would be happy to help you out in exchange for a case of beer or some flies or something. Good luck, whatever you decide.

10. Re: double haul

hi,

itunes rocks the music worlds,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast