Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: double haul

Default Re: double haul

I know this is a ladies forum but I think I can help. I tried for 1 1/2 years to learn a double haul, couldn't do it. I watched this video which told me to put down the rod and just practice the hand motions. No rod, no line. I practiced the motions for about a month until it was second nature (it takes 21 days to create a habit). When I picked up my 9WT and hit the beach I had it down in 20 minutes.

Double Haul Basics
    good luck
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

Thank you for that video Swirlchaser. I have tried the double haul with somebody who knew how to do it...but it seemed to be a timing issue. I am going to have to find some time to practice the double haul. I did not know how to do the haul first, but anyways...I am going to learn this, and it will only be a matter of time before I do.
    As long as I get a bite, I don't want to leave!

3. Default Re: double haul

I have spent the winter in Belize and we go out fishing alot. Finally, after months of grilling by my husband, I finally got it! After you view the videos, it will still takes lots of practice but like the previous poster said, once it clicks, you have it. Don't get frustrated, just keep trying.
    Hitaluga Guide Service
    http://www.hitaluga.com
    The A-B-C's of Fishing! Come fish with us in Alaska, Belize and Cape Cod

OK OK let's try that one again -- here's a clip of Joan Wulff that might help, Fly Fishing Video, Double Haul - MidCurrent

I REALLY NEED TO FIGURE THIS CYBERSPACE OUT BETTER BEFORE I GET TRULY LOST!!!!
    "Fly fishing is solitary, contemplative, misanthropic, scientific in some hands, poetic in others, and laced with aesthetic considerations. It's not even clear if catching fish is actually the point." -John Gierach

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123