Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Abel Women

Blog Entries

Default Abel Women

I have inquired here concerning getting more women involved with fly fishing and I received some great feedback from members of this forum.! At a recent meeting I had the pleasure of meeting a young lady from Abel that brought 'Abel Women' to my attention. It is a relatively new 501(c)(3). Oh, and just to ease those gears, I receive no personal gain except a warm cozy spot knowing I may have encouraged a future fly angler, that's it.
    (If links are frowned upon I guess Admin will delete the posts)

HOME - Able Women

Regards,
    Trent
    Nice fish! Do you have anymore pictures of it lying in the dirt?
    As publicity increases so does the propensity of tripping over yards of mono attached to a Dipsey sinker.

2. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Default Re: Abel Women

Just watched Abel Women and noticed Maryann Murphy, good to see her again after so many years. She's a pioneer, and it's nice to see so many women out there enjoying this great sport. We need to try to get our female membership up thru our encouragement. Roy

4. Likes corn fed fins liked this post

The Video makes it look like fly fishing is some type of rare or extra ordinary achievement.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Older neighbor lady (as 'able woman) ... loading up my motor home, honestly I didn't even know her name ... she shows up right behind me, clothing bag in hand; 'Where we going, how long so I know if I need more.' She always had enough.

"Brookings, Oregon for Steelhead/Salmon fishing for about a month'ish."

Total hoot; bag on board .. off we went. She the 'Navigator,' GPS on, her with map in hand .. I DON'T BELIEVE THAT THING .. We shall go this way at the next turn.

Last trip: ... 'I met a fellow I like .. I'm going to stay here to see how this works.

Worked well, so it would appear .. married a few months later.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

7. Likes dmwphoto, corn fed fins, kayo, von behr liked this post