Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hello from London

1. Default Hello from London

Hi to all,

I am a 45 year old mother of 2 (boys) fairly new to fly fishing.

So far I have fished a few reservoirs for rainbows (with limited success) and the River Anton (chalk stream in Hampshire) for greyling (with lots of success ).

I am truly hooked! Look forward to being a member of this forum.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello from London

Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing!
    You will find a wealth of information on this forum, just read the FAQ's and don't be afraid to ask.

I haven't fished greyling since I lived in Alaska. Fishing small dry flies for greyling can be exciting.

Larry

3. Default Re: Hello from London

Hello from Exeter!
    They are a friendly and very helpful bunch on this forum, and very active female section.
    By the way, if you can catch Grayling you should catch stillwater trout without any problem at all.
    Cheers
    Richard

Glad to have you on board here. There are a great bunch of folks on here. I have never gone after grayling, but think it would be cool. I fish for bass, trout, crappie, bream (sunfish) etc..
    As long as I get a bite, I don't want to leave!

banu

Welcome aboard!!!!
    "Fly fishing is solitary, contemplative, misanthropic, scientific in some hands, poetic in others, and laced with aesthetic considerations. It's not even clear if catching fish is actually the point." -John Gierach

7. Default Re: Hello from London

Glad to see another lady join the club!! There are lots of good and talanted people on here. You'll have to post some pics of those fish you are catching up there if you can. I would like to see them!

Glad to have ya!

Tammy

Quote Originally Posted by banu View Post
    Hi to all,

I am a 45 year old mother of 2 (boys) fairly new to fly fishing.

So far I have fished a few reservoirs for rainbows (with limited success) and the River Anton (chalk stream in Hampshire) for greyling (with lots of success ).

I am truly hooked! Look forward to being a member of this forum.
    Banu we are glad to have ya. I am a 49 year old mom myself. (two teens) I fish mainly warmwater. I have gone trout fishing in Broken Bow, Ok before last October. I have been fly fishing only one year now, and am an avid fly tyer as well.

flies pictures by Kelkay59 - Photobucket

Here are just a few of the flies I have made so far. Sorry about picture quality.
    As long as I get a bite, I don't want to leave!

Welcome aboard! It will be fun to share your hobby with your 2 children as they grow. Look forward to your interaction here.
    Dave Watts
    dmwphoto@mac.com

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.

10. Default Re: Hello from London

Welcome! Glad your here!
    "if you put your two cents in ...but your thoughts are only worth a penny.....where did the extra penny go"