The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  41
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 01-11-2015, 05:02 PM
Open Enrollment Period !

siege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond repute
Default Open Enrollment Period !

For all of you visitors out there :

This is as good a flyfishing forum as you will ever find. After all, you're here again, reading this right now. The people here are friendly, helpful, and fun to be around.

The main strength of a forum of course, is it's membership. There is no fee, no dues, and no charges. The benefits, on the other hand, are priceless. Why not take a couple of minutes, and join ?

Hopefully, we can provide a mutually valuable association. Old hand, brand new to the sport, or anywhere in between, there is something here for you. And someone here may need to learn something from you, too.

I do a post like this at least once a year, and I sincerely hope you take it to heart.There is a lot to share here, be part of it !
Old 01-11-2015, 05:31 PM

unknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant future
Default Re: Open Enrollment Period !

Being new I have learned a ton of stuff here in a very short amount of time. Being a fly tier, My flies never looked better maybe I`ll catch more fish maybe not but I plan to spend a lot of time trying in 2015. Not getting any younger, not that I`m old.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 6 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Old 01-11-2015, 06:46 PM

mlee is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the invite. I joined a little while ago and I agree - nice forum to spend some time on and I've learned a lot already. I'm brand new to the sport. Saw an Orvis ad to watch their videos and it caught my interest. My son and grandson are spinner fishermen and I'm looking to spend more time with them on the water, but fly fishing seems more to my liking. When it starts to get a little warmer here and I get out you can expect some posts with a bunch of questions from me.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 5 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Old 01-13-2015, 07:31 AM
easterncaster

I too am a newb to this forum.

Would someone please direct me to a 'Rules' section...? I will be most thankful.
I searched, albeit briefly, and came up skunked.

I am in the industry of sorts (more on that later if allowed...) and do not want to step on toes, or come off as piece of didymo < actually didymo is something you want off.

Regards,
Craig

ps - Will it hurt my standings if I tell you that I've known sweetandsalt for some 30 years?
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes mridenour liked this post
Old 01-13-2015, 08:07 AM
Open Enrollment Period !

siege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum !
To answer your question, there is a post in this same ( highlighted) section titled : Forum Rules, The Short List, by Hardyreels. There is also a link in that post to the full set of rules.
Enjoy the forum, and I hope we hear a lot from you
Old 01-13-2015, 08:22 AM
Banned

mridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncaster View Post
I too am a newb to this forum.

Would someone please direct me to a 'Rules' section...? I will be most thankful.
I searched, albeit briefly, and came up skunked.

I am in the industry of sorts (more on that later if allowed...) and do not want to step on toes, or come off as piece of didymo < actually didymo is something you want off.

Regards,
Craig

ps - Will it hurt my standings if I tell you that I've known sweetandsalt for some 30 years?
In regards to your PS...on some days YES! On most days no...lol. S&S is the resident expert on many things and I always learn something from him even if I don't want to. If you can add even half as much as he does to the forum you will be a vital addition. Heck, even you can only add a word of encouragement now and then you are welcome.

If you are actually selling something, inquire with Mcnerney or Ard about becoming a sponsor. From what I've seen on here, sponsoring this forum really pays off for everyone.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes lthrnk03 liked this post
Old 01-13-2015, 08:33 AM
easterncaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
To answer your question, there is a post in this same ( highlighted) section titled : Forum Rules, The Short List, by Hardyreels.
... The fish are right at my feet!

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:49 AM

godspeed0906 is on a distinguished road

I joined maybe a week ago and have met people that are willing to give their time and knowledge...I have also gotten advice on what to buy...I will be a forum member here forever and hope to meet more and more people! Thanks again!
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes ia_trouter, siege, rott21 liked this post
Old 03-16-2015, 10:51 PM

guest65 has a spectacular aura aboutguest65 has a spectacular aura aboutguest65 has a spectacular aura about

Hello and welcome! Are you by any chance the same "Easterncaster" who contributes to SexyLoops? Just curious. From my short experience here, the opportunity to learn from other forum members is endless, and the personalities are a hoot, to say the least.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:38 AM
easterncaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wineshark View Post
Hello and welcome! Are you by any chance the same "Easterncaster" who contributes to SexyLoops? Just curious. From my short experience here, the opportunity to learn from other forum members is endless, and the personalities are a hoot, to say the least.
That be me!