The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 05-31-2016, 11:30 AM
Admit it ... you too dig your toast/muffin out of the toaster.

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Admit it ... you too dig your toast/muffin out of the toaster.

From this morning local news paper: Since You Asked: This shocking news just in — don't stick a knife in your toaster - News - MailTribune.com - Medford, OR
Old 06-01-2016, 02:29 PM

JoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant future
Default Re: Admit it ... you too dig your toast/muffin out of the toaster.

I have some tongs that have very narrow jaws. They are metal but I play it like an adult (!?) version of the "Operation" game.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes ia_trouter, fredaevans liked this post
Old 06-01-2016, 07:13 PM

Hirdy has a spectacular aura aboutHirdy has a spectacular aura aboutHirdy has a spectacular aura about

Yep, I do it often. I unplug the toaster from the wall before I do it though.

Cheers,
Graeme
Old 06-01-2016, 07:35 PM

ia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond reputeia_trouter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalgrm View Post
Yep, I do it often. I unplug the toaster from the wall before I do it though.

Cheers,
Graeme
Where's the challenge in that?
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes fredaevans liked this post
Old 06-01-2016, 08:01 PM

nevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond reputenevadanstig has a reputation beyond repute

I use old retired forceps. Dried fish blood and slime add to the flavor of my bagels.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:05 PM

darwin is a glorious beacon of lightdarwin is a glorious beacon of lightdarwin is a glorious beacon of lightdarwin is a glorious beacon of lightdarwin is a glorious beacon of lightdarwin is a glorious beacon of light

I turn it upside down and shake.

Edit... clean up the mess if you're married. It seems some folks get a bit pissed over crumbs on the counter...

Last edited by darwin; 06-05-2016 at 05:09 PM.
Likes rangerrich99 liked this post
Old 06-01-2016, 09:29 PM

cab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud ofcab has much to be proud of

Being a Journeyman Electrician, I'm qualified!

CAB
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes ia_trouter, fredaevans liked this post
Old 06-01-2016, 09:59 PM

oldskewl808 is just really niceoldskewl808 is just really niceoldskewl808 is just really niceoldskewl808 is just really niceoldskewl808 is just really nice

I beefed up the springs and shimmed the slides so they pop up and out___----> right on to my plate.
Likes ia_trouter liked this post
Old 06-02-2016, 07:39 AM

Hirdy has a spectacular aura aboutHirdy has a spectacular aura aboutHirdy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
Where's the challenge in that?
In remembering to unplug it ...
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes ia_trouter, fredaevans, cab liked this post
Old 06-05-2016, 03:57 PM

JoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant future

Oh, believe me: If you get it wrong once, you'll remember!

My dad had a bench grinder with a BIG motor (from an air conditioner) on his work bench. No switch- you had to plug it in at the receptacle up in the basement rafters. With the lights on, it was very dark up there. I was 11 yrs old or so, just tall enough to reach the outlet on my tip toes. I was guiding the plug prongs into the slots with my fingers.... One prong in, the other was out POW! Like getting three fingers smacked with hammer. I can authoritatively compare it unfavorably to having a Black cat firecracker go off in your hand; Similar but worse.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Likes fredaevans liked this post