The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 06-14-2016, 06:11 AM

busbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud of
Default It's been a while...

...since I last posted. Life gives you its ups and downs. My mother has been in and out of doctor's offices all year and is going in for exploratory surgery surgery in a couple days. Plus we think she is starting to show signs of dementia, so she has been keeping life interesting all by herself.

My wife has had her share of medical issues, including a stop in the ER.

My brother-in-law, who has never flt better in his life, was old he had liver cancer and passed away 13 days later.

My son got a full-time teaching job and my daughter graduated college and is getting ready to go to grad school five hours away.

There has been so much going on that the only fishing I have done since late last year has been at the pond by work and I think all the fish there know me by now.

That said, I introduced two new people to fly fishing in the past month--both females, which is pretty cool. The best was when I taught a girl who works for my company in India. It was pretty risque for her because she is a strict vegetarian and the best part was she caught a nice little bass right when we said it will be the last cast during lunch.

Even though life has been busy, I have been reading the forums every day. I really enjoy reading what is going on with all you guys. Many posts make me smile and some make me think. And the ones that aren't about fishing are the best sometimes. My heart goes out to poor guy who is going thru a divorce. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you but I don't...but I think you got some sage advice from some good guys. And I really liked the thread about meeting famous people on the stream. Nothing like that ever happens to me except for the time, 30+ years ago, when I sat in Tom T. Hall's road bus and had a few beers with him.

I am hoping I will be able to get out there and do some real fishing soon...as soon as life slows down a bit to let me breathe.

ray
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 6 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Old 06-15-2016, 10:45 AM

GrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's been a while...

Hope life smooth's out for you though sad to say it often means under the worst of circumstances when it does (like with your BiL). I'll say some prayers for you and yours that things turn around. Past that, welcome back from your time lurking

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes busbus liked this post
Old 06-15-2016, 01:57 PM
Banned

mridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant future

Ray,
Good to hear from you again. Maybe you can get with us this fall and go fishing. We'll be heading to New York at some point.

Sorry that things have been so tough. I sure hope things smooth out for you and you can do some things that heal up the bumps and bruises life has thrown you lately.

Stay in touch!

Mike
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes busbus liked this post
Old 06-15-2016, 07:22 PM

busbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud of

Thanks, guys.

I have been thinking about my sister and her son a lot. She has an old fruit press that she wants to get rid of. I stopped by after work on Monday and could tell she was troubled. I forgot that her son, Dan'a, birthday was Monday. They are going thru a lot of rough firsts....
Old 06-16-2016, 06:44 AM
Banned

mridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant futuremridenour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by busbus View Post
Thanks, guys.

I have been thinking about my sister and her son a lot. She has an old fruit press that she wants to get rid of. I stopped by after work on Monday and could tell she was troubled. I forgot that her son, Dan'a, birthday was Monday. They are going thru a lot of rough firsts....
Parents were not built to outlive their kids. I think it is one of the toughest things I have seen people endure.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator
It's been a while...

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

back Ray