The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 06-18-2016, 09:04 PM

herchammer is a name known to allherchammer is a name known to allherchammer is a name known to allherchammer is a name known to allherchammer is a name known to allherchammer is a name known to all
Default Good day with the family

I had the rare opportunity to enjoy a few hours astream with both my wife and children, as well as my parents. I had asked my Dad if he would like to do a little fishing over the Father's Day weekend, and he said that he would like that. Because my folks are getting older and mobility is becoming more of a challenge, we chose one of Missouri's stocked state parks. Stream access is pretty good, and parking is close at most of the parks. We decided on Roaring River state park, and spent about three hours there, this afternoon. My wife and kids and Mom spent time dipping their toes in the water, and Dad and I tried to trick a few stockers. It was a great afternoon. Dad hadn't cast a fly in many years, but, he was the person that introduced me to fly fishing. He didn't hook into any, but, he said it was a great afternoon. I brought one, about 15", to the net, and Pam (my wife) netted him. Did I need her to net the fish? No, but, including her in the activity was the important part. My daughter (8 yrs old) tried her hand at casting my 3wt and did pretty well. My son (also 8) was more interested in chasing the fry and crayfish, than casting. All in all it was a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 5 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Old 06-18-2016, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Ard has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Ard Send a message via Skype™ to Ard
Default Re: Good day with the family

That does sound like a great family day and I can't think of a better way to get together.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes herchammer liked this post