The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 07-06-2016, 02:30 PM

plecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant futureplecain has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fireworks: I must be getting old

I'm 69 and still like them.
My Basset Hounds, age 11, have a different view of things.
Around here the fireworks started Friday night and continued until last night (so far).
Nothing Xanax for dogs won't handle, however.

Paul
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes fredaevans liked this post
Old 07-06-2016, 04:27 PM

yikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
What can you buy ... legal and illegal?

Years back now and you could drive up to a fireworks stand and buy any thing that sat on the ground. Up in the air, not a chance ... unless you went to a local Indian Reservation (short drive) ... ANY THING you could dream of.
In the San Gabriel Valley, we have a large immigrant population that has both the access to, and the financial means for, every conceivable pyrotechnic device from their countries of origin. When I saw 70+ aerial displays Monday night, I don't know how many of them were legal. The illegal stuff is so advanced and there is so much of it that you can't tell it apart from the legal municipal aerial displays.

I've heard that in Mexico they find it amusing when Americans turn Cinco de Mayo into a drinking party, and the Irish think it's odd that St. Patrick's Day in America is more of a cover for getting 'blutered'. I wonder if for other cultures July 4th has similarly digressed to "I get a 24 hour pass to blow up stuff".
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes fredaevans, onemississipp liked this post
Old 07-06-2016, 04:31 PM

angledangle is on a distinguished road

I slept like a baby. I of course don't live in the valley and folk shooting guns around here are met swiftly with return fire so things stay pretty mellow. Due to the drought most flat lander morons stay home and try to burn down the suburbs. Only one month to go and I will have the rivers all to myself again.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:22 PM

james w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by angledangle View Post
Only one month to go and I will have the rivers all to myself again.
This time of year I pay careful attention to all the stocking reports . . . and go elsewhere . . . a 20 mile difference means I'm usually completely alone.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:15 AM

runningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud of

My dad was here in 2014 and I told him that today is US Independence day and we would have a big fireworks show in the evening. The neighbourhood started the show as soon as the sun set and he asked me when the fireworks will start right in the middle of it. I told him that was it and he just laughed. He said that I've been away for too long from home and I should go back home on Independence day and New Year Eve to remember what the real fireworks show looks like.