The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 09-18-2016, 06:44 PM
Serious 'Good Eats' in your slow cooker.

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Serious 'Good Eats' in your slow cooker.

Crock Pot Bacon Taters - Recipes That Crock!

To really top this off take some pre-browned chicken (I like dark meat the best) a put on top to finish the cooking.

fae

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Should have added!!! Use skined chicken, the bacon will add all the 'fat' you need for the proper cooking. The thing that really makes a 'slow cooker' work is the 'lid' of all things.

The cooking mosture collects under the lid and drips back into the crock pot ... some serious gravy can come out of that!
Old 09-18-2016, 08:16 PM

spm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Serious 'Good Eats' in your slow cooker.

I've never been a fan of crock pot recipes, but this one has potential. The two main ingredients: potatoes and bacon, I mean how can you mess that up? If it starts going south on you, add more bacon; problem solved. Most problems can be solved with more bacon.

steve
Likes bigjim5589, fredaevans, hairwing530 liked this post
Old 09-19-2016, 05:37 PM

JoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant futureJoJer has a brilliant future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaK9bjLy3v4

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes hairwing530, bigjim5589 liked this post
Old 09-19-2016, 06:40 PM

bigjim5589 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim5589 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim5589 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim5589 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim5589 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim5589 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim5589 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim5589 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim5589 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim5589 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim5589 has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff!

My wife is away for a few days & before she left yesterday, fixed up a pot roast with potatoes, onions & carrots in the crock pot for me. Basic, but turned out great! We don't fix a lot in a crock pot, but it has it's time.

Spm, I agree, can't go wrong with more bacon!
Likes fredaevans, spm, hairwing530 liked this post
Old 09-20-2016, 09:21 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

One thing about crock pots folks don't (if they even knew) is they come in several different (volume) sizes. For small meals I have a 1.5 quart, for larger its a full on and close to five or six quarts.

Mz Doggie-Dog loves it when I plug the big one in as she know she's got serious eats to top off her dry kibble. Last batch was a sea food chower; SHE LOVED IT!! But a Lab will eat almost anything ....

fae
Likes cochise, spm, hairwing530, bigjim5589 liked this post
Old 09-23-2016, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Serious 'Good Eats' in your Casti Iron fry pan.

Not a slow cooker thing but serious good eats.

Not much for eating 'out' but when off to fishing there were only three places on my 'MUST LIST.' One was in Darrington, Washington (at 0500 place was packed with Guys/Loggers) and plate after plate of this came out of the kitchen. Your Dog was welcome, but had to be on a short leash ... Health Department Rule, not theirs. "Sooo, where you fishin today" was the start of the conversation.

The other was another 'truck stop,' food was questionable save for this .. how do you screw this up? # 3 is a local. When the Waitress calls you by first name and doesn't hand you a menu (unless you actually ask for one) ... Coffee cup flipped over, instant fill/stays that way. "I know what you want and it ain't no local girl." She was one HUGE LADY married to a Logger close to twice her size. 8>)!!

Once there with Wife 1.0 and two small ones: "Well ... I see you have been bussiee, 'I think you made a good choice; but that Boy will be a Hellioun, you just mark my words."
Boiling water in my thermo jug, pre-heat then filled.

Chicken Fried Steak | Southern Plate Eat now or between a couple of slabs of bread for later ... Mz Doggie -Dog's eyes NEVER leave the plate to the carry out carton ... Finall open the small cooler and DOG FACE is right in yours! You probably have a similar Dog(s).

Your Mother would approve; need you know more?

fae

Last edited by fredaevans; 09-23-2016 at 04:15 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes hairwing530 liked this post