Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lower Mtn Fork River - first trip

1. Default Lower Mtn Fork River - first trip

I fished this river for the first time 2 weekends ago, I plan on going back the weekend of sep 12th. First trip was great, landed 9 total and missed probably another dozen. 8 rainbows and 1 brown. Released all of them as I was in the red zone.

Cheers

2. Default Re: Lower Mtn Fork River - first trip

Need to watch fishing that upper evening hole.. some times I get kinda radical when someone is in my spot.. as you seem to have been.. happy fishing. mikelove

3. Default Re: Lower Mtn Fork River - first trip

lol...on sunday morning I was pretty lucky to have almost that entire section to myself. Only 3 other guys on that whole red zone. Father and son down by the bridge and one guy just above them. Thought it was strange no one was on that hole, so i knocked it out for them.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lower Mtn Fork River - first trip

herm99: Nice work! Thanks for posting your trip report, really enjoyed looking at your photos!

Larry

5. Default Re: Lower Mtn Fork River - first trip

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    herm99: Nice work! Thanks for posting your trip report, really enjoyed looking at your photos!

Larry
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed. I hope to have another report for you all in 2 weeks from now!

Default Re: Lower Mtn Fork River - first trip

Well done! I never fished up there when wading wet was an option, but I wish I had.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

7. Default Re: Lower Mtn Fork River - first trip

Quote Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
    Well done! I never fished up there when wading wet was an option, but I wish I had.
    yeah the water felt great on the hot day, and the fish were quite active. I can only imagine how good the fishing will be this fall when it cools down.