anyone going to be at Bennett Springs over the 4th of july

luked

Reaction score
we will be camping down there at Sand Springs. wife and young sone will be with me in our little pop up camper. they will be enjoying the sand springs pool for the most part im sure but im hopeing to enjoy a trout tuggin on the end of my line in the springs some if i can. was wondering if any of you would be down there that weekend and we could meet up

stl_geoff

Reaction score
i was down there 2 years ago for thr 4th, its a very nice weekend to be there. the camp is very quiet and there arent much in the shootings of fireworks.

rocknrone

Reaction score
I was there a week ago, very hot. John deer mini jig got it done for us. Olive bugger landed the bigger fish. Fewer fish, but bigger.

luked

Reaction score
i normally fish from the head of the springs down to the bridge. but im thinkin this year im gonna try going down to the lower part before it dumps in to the river and see how i do there. never fished down there before

rocknrone

Reaction score
I fished right off the front of the steps at the bridge and caught fish all day long. No one around us had any luck.
I put a bugger on sinking line and got it down deep under the bridge. I had a few short strikes, trimmed the tail and started hooking up.

luked

Reaction score
I have fished there at the bridge quite a few times and never seem to do very well for some reason