Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Austin fly fishing

Howdy, any places in and around Austin to get a line wet? Seems like everything's dried up these days.

Default Re: Austin fly fishing

How is the guadalupe near San Marcos/New Braunfels? its dam fed, so there should be water downstream. Check out Guadalupe River Trout Unlimited . They might have a bit more info.

3. Default Re: Austin fly fishing

Will do, thanks!

The Guad is doing better than this summer due to some rain and lower temps. I normally fish it closer to Comfort though.

The Blanco's still crazy low, but the San Marcos and Colorado east of 35 have been productive.

The Ped has had no flow since June, don't waste your time there.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

5. Default Re: Austin fly fishing

Thanks BigCliff. I may give San Marcos a go this weekend.

I'm kind of new to Austin as well as this forum. I moved down here from Ohio/Lake Erie last fall. I've been reading the forum for quite a while, initially had some trouble registering a while back.

Anyway, I know this thread has been dead for a couple of months, but figured this the most appropriate place to say hey.

I fish a lot for bass on conventional tackle, spent the last few years up north catching smallmouth and walleye, and the winters chasing steelhead in the rivers just to stay sane.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mdisbrow View Post
    I'm kind of new to Austin as well as this forum. I moved down here from Ohio/Lake Erie last fall. I've been reading the forum for quite a while, initially had some trouble registering a while back.

Anyway, I know this thread has been dead for a couple of months, but figured this the most appropriate place to say hey.

I fish a lot for bass on conventional tackle, spent the last few years up north catching smallmouth and walleye, and the winters chasing steelhead in the rivers just to stay sane.
    mdisbrow: Welcome to the forum!
    Larry

Welcome to the forum mdisbrow...Glad to have you on board and am tickled you are not a true Texan. Being from Oklahoma I can tell you there football team plays girly ball.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    Welcome to the forum mdisbrow...Glad to have you on board and am tickled you are not a true Texan. Being from Oklahoma I can tell you there football team plays girly ball.
    That will happen when your focus changes from playing basic football to superstar overpaid coachs and being a professional college team with your own TV network. The actual game got lost in it all somewhere. Sorry, short rant.

Welcome to the forum mdisbrow. I live in the Austin area, a little bit outside of town. Lots of good water around here for fly fishing. Lakes, rivers, creeks. A kayak is a good way to access them. You don't kayak do you?
    The drought has let up some, we've been getting some rain lately, so the lakes and rivers are doing better than they were.

Spring is looking good so grab that long rod and get on 'em.
    You can always PM me for location advise.

David

Well, there are the Guadulaupe, Brazos and San Gabriel as far as I know. Any body new to the Austin area might want to check out Austin Fly Fishers or San Gabriel Fly Fishers or the previously mentioned GRTU. Iv checked them all out, and many great people at each of them. If you want any info on any of them, just shoot me a pm and I can get you in contact with any of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast