Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: White river fly fishing help.

  1. #1

    Default White river fly fishing help.

    I will be taking the family to Branson, Missour in early June. As part of the trip, I want to take my 8 year old daughter fly fishing alone the White River. From the latest fly fishing report, best stretch are from the base of Table Rock Dam to Fall Creek. Where is Fall Creek?

    I am scouting the river using Google earth and see some good spots from the dam going down the river about mile. Can somebody give me so idea what it will be like? I know what flies they are targeting, just want to get the good spot.

  2. #2

    Default Re: White river fly fishing help.

    Unlike Oklahoma, when they blow the horn to let people know they are going to start running water for power generation, get away immediately. When they blow it, the water is being released. Oklahoma gives a warning several times before the release.
    Okiemountaineer

  3. Likes oaktree liked this post
  4. #3

    Default Re: White river fly fishing help.

    Quote Originally Posted by jcw355 View Post
    Unlike Oklahoma, when they blow the horn to let people know they are going to start running water for power generation, get away immediately. When they blow it, the water is being released. Oklahoma gives a warning several times before the release.

    LOL. That happen to me at Toronto lake, Kansas. Scared the holy hell out of me.

  5. #4

    Default Re: White river fly fishing help.

    You will have to keep your ears open with your Daughter along,then again she will probably warn you,I know once I heard the Siren I'd be gone.
    Brian.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cave Springs, Arkansas
    Posts
    96

    Default Re: White river fly fishing help.

    It can be combat fishing on the hatchery side by the outlets. I would drive across the dam and fish what used to be called the ReBar hole. I haven't been over there since the floods from last year. My uncle fished Fall Creek area a month or so ago and did real well.

  7. #6

    Default Re: White river fly fishing help.

    OK, what about Lake Taneycomo near Table rock dam? How is it there?

  8. #7

    Default Re: White river fly fishing help.

    OzarkAnglers.Com Forum Check out this link, might be some helpful info.
    Okiemountaineer

  9. #8

    Default Re: White river fly fishing help.

    Quote Originally Posted by jcw355 View Post
    OzarkAnglers.Com Forum Check out this link, might be some helpful info.
    Thanks sir! That is the perfect info i needed.

  10. Default Re: White river fly fishing help.

    Thanks for the link

    Very little generation lately because of lack of rain and low lake levels. Trout fishing, fly fishing has been very good. Crowds aren't that bad. Get there early to avoid most crowds... there's plenty of light at 5:30 am. Mid day fishing is good too as long as there's some breeze. Go down to the MDC boat ramp and wade uplake - there's good trout there and they've been taking zebra midge under an indicator pretty readily.

    Refer to fishing reports on ozarkanglers and ask questions on my forum if you need any other help.

    Have a great time with your daughter fishing... they grow up SO fast!

  11. #10

    Default Re: White river fly fishing help.

    Quote Originally Posted by lilley View Post
    Thanks for the link

    Very little generation lately because of lack of rain and low lake levels. Trout fishing, fly fishing has been very good. Crowds aren't that bad. Get there early to avoid most crowds... there's plenty of light at 5:30 am. Mid day fishing is good too as long as there's some breeze. Go down to the MDC boat ramp and wade uplake - there's good trout there and they've been taking zebra midge under an indicator pretty readily.

    Refer to fishing reports on ozarkanglers and ask questions on my forum if you need any other help.

    Have a great time with your daughter fishing... they grow up SO fast!
    Thanks for the info. Where is the MDC boat ram?

Similar Threads

  1. Fly Fishing Rod - White River - 8 Wt.
    By Ebay USA in forum Fly Rods for sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 02:30 PM
  2. White River/Norfolk
    By littledavid123 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 06:16 PM
  3. White River 12/22/2010 and 12/23/10
    By ddombos2 in forum Coldwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 06:33 AM
  4. White River fly rods
    By Vans in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 10:42 AM
  5. White River Two Seventy
    By GheenoeGuy in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 09:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •