St. Louis Streams

kdeutman

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone knew of some good streams near the surrounding St. Louis area. It doesn't have to have trout filled. I fish pretty frequently but it is mostly at county parks and well known fishing spots. I am tired of fishing elbow to elbow and fishing slammed spots all the time. Thanks in advance. Also if someone wants a fishing buddy pm me!

kdeutman

Reaction score
What do you wanna catch? there are lotsof streams with lots of things in them that no one fishes.

I have mostly been going for bass because I know they are in abundance but I'm am open for anything. Trout would be nice but that seems too far to drive every weekend. I have been meaning to try some of the streams south but I think most of them are used for floating.

You may wish to check out the Ozark Anglers Forum. More specific to the Ozarks, but has some information there about the STL area, and if you register/post your question there, the responses will likely be more informative.

Link is: OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
I will have to check that place out. Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate it.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
I have mostly been going for bass because I know they are in abundance but I'm am open for anything. Trout would be nice but that seems too far to drive every weekend. I have been meaning to try some of the streams south but I think most of them are used for floating.

I will have to check that place out. Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate it.
There can be trout had within an hours drive of ST. Louis. I've caught them. there are tons of little creeks and streams all littered around the outskirts of the county that have plenty of fish in them.

Ozark Anglers is a good fourm, it can be alittle slow at times since its seems it the same group of folks always posting.

kdeutman

Reaction score
There can be trout had within an hours drive of ST. Louis. I've caught them. there are tons of little creeks and streams all littered around the outskirts of the county that have plenty of fish in them.

Ozark Anglers is a good fourm, it can be alittle slow at times since its seems it the same group of folks always posting.
Where did you go for the trout? I guess I'll just have to drive around more.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
Blue Springs creek. its in Borubon, MO. Then there is Mill creek, little piney and roudiuex in rolla. There are some other places with trout that are MUCH closer, but they are very tricky to come by and you have to know people who know people.

kdeutman

Reaction score
Blue Springs creek. its in Borubon, MO. Then there is Mill creek, little piney and roudiuex in rolla. There are some other places with trout that are MUCH closer, but they are very tricky to come by and you have to know people who know people.
I will for sure try those places out sometime. I think I'm going to ask the guys up at THargrove for some places. Thanks.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
They should tell you a couple of them. I've been going there for the better part of 15 years now and they STILL wont tell me some places. ;)

medic77

Reaction score
Meramec State park out I-44 is within an hour of you and you can catch tons of stockers. I fish the creeks around here for smallmouth at the Joachim and Plattin creeks. The Meramec would be good too. I live 30 miles south of the Stl.

Derrick

tommyc_295

Reaction score
I visit St. Louis a couple times a year and I've never considered fly fishing up there. I may have to pack my gear on my next "work" trip up there.

yspaik

Reaction score
I just got back from Missouri. Hit up Maramec Springs and Lake Taneycomo. Caught good numbers at Maramec Springs and one good one. I was looking to get a big one at Taneycomo, but no luck. A couple other people pulled out decent ones.

I may try again when I go back to Missouri for Thanksgiving weekend.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
Where are you going to be around at? I'll be down by Taney house sitting at Table rock. I'm probably going to spend atleast one day out at Roaring River, its a neat park and I caught a bunch of there.

yspaik

Reaction score
My parents live in St. Louis, so I would be staying there. However, I may head down to Springfield to visit my brother as he can't make it back for Thanksgiving. If I head to Springfield, I would definitely hit up the trophy waters at Taneycomo

M

mridenour

stl_geoff

Reaction score
Well if you're going to be on the current outside montuak this weekend then you will not have the stream to yourself. I will be there as well stalking the fishes.

M

mridenour

Well if you're going to be on the current outside montuak this weekend then you will not have the stream to yourself. I will be there as well stalking the fishes.
Cool, I'll be the right-handed guy trying to cast left-handed. Just had surgery on my right shoulder and I have to get our annual last weekend in October Montauk trip in. I don't know how far downstream I will go, I have to see how my shoulder feels.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
haha if I see you i'll give ya a shout. I'll have a brown loomis hat with two rods. I havent decided if im going to start at loop 4 and go down or start at tan vat and attempt to get to baptist. we have an anual october trip but its usually not this late in the year.

M

mridenour

haha if I see you i'll give ya a shout. I'll have a brown loomis hat with two rods. I havent decided if im going to start at loop 4 and go down or start at tan vat and attempt to get to baptist. we have an anual october trip but its usually not this late in the year.
I'll be wearing a blue Simms hat. Shouldn't be too hard to see me if we are both below the park.

kdeutman

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to fish the Current on Saturday. This will be my first try at a Missouri trout stream. If anyone has some good advice on where a good starting access point would be or some flies that I should try I would be grateful. I am thinking about starting just outside of Montauk and seeing how far I can get. As for flies I have some olive mohairs, griffiths, adams, elk hair caddis, renegades, woolys etc. I hope I do alright. This will be only my 4th time trout hunting.