Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost and Found fly reel

Default Lost and Found fly reel

Found January 21st on the Norfork River in Arkansas 300 yds upstream of Handicap in 8 in. of water; Ross Canyon 2 fly reel.
    Tell me the color of the flyline and describe the color of the reel, handle and it's yours.

2. Likes fyshstykr, caseywise, imxer, jpbfly liked this post

Default Re: Lost and Found fly reel

My brother in law paints cars for a living, as a gift to me he took my reel stripped and repainted it for my birthday present, the color was to be a surprise. On the way to my house for the birthday party he drove down to the river just to see if any trout were rising. They were, in his excitement to catch the fish on the rise and to try out my Ross Canyon reel he was in the process of wading into the water when the reel slipped from his hands to be lost in the current. Apparently the river was on the rise and as the Norfolk comes up so fast, he had to abandon the search to save life and limb. My sister said he was so distraught over loosing my reel that he immediately left town for a job in the North Dakota oil fields. The fly line was a pale yellow when given to him but I am certain he would have put a new line on before presenting it to me. Just the kind of guy he was. I truly hope this is my reel because if found he may decide to come home, which would be great news as my sister and his kids have moved in with us due to their being afraid to be left home alone.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

4. Likes rubberguy, fyshstykr, mcnerney, shotgunfly liked this post

Racine, very nice of you to post this

littledavid, very funny
    - William

6. Likes fyshstykr liked this post

Dave,
    I got a call from a lady who described her friends reel to a tee reel and line color. I did see her the same day kayaking when I found it. It's on its way.
    Racine

Quote Originally Posted by racine View Post
    Dave,
    I got a call from a lady who described her friends reel to a tee reel and line color. I did see her the same day kayaking when I found it. It's on its way.
    Racine
    Another reason why this is such a good forum, glad you were able to return the reel. I can only imagine her excitement.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Blog Entries

nice job racine!

ARFE

Racine,
    Your Karma is sky rocketing!

NO NO NO NO!!!! You sent it to the wrong person! I can testify to the truth of littledavid123's story. You see, his brother in law is my sister's cousin's uncle's best friend's barber's personal trainer's chief accountant's son's friend and he personally lamented the story! He desperately wants to move back from frigid North Dakota but is too ashamed to do so. Get that reel back and send it to littledavid.

Oh, and uh, on a COMPLETELY unrelated note, David, you owe me fifty bucks.

12. Likes littledavid123, jpbfly liked this post

Racine.
    A Nice gesture,it's good to see there are still many Honest people still around,one day you'll be rewarded as well as knowing you have helped someone..
    Cheers.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by newby View Post
    NO NO NO NO!!!! You sent it to the wrong person! I can testify to the truth of littledavid123's story. You see, his brother in law is my sister's cousin's uncle's best friend's barber's personal trainer's chief accountant's son's friend and he personally lamented the story! He desperately wants to move back from frigid North Dakota but is too ashamed to do so. Get that reel back and send it to littledavid.

Oh, and uh, on a COMPLETELY unrelated note, David, you owe me fifty bucks.

Someday, you and I are gonna have to answer for this...

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast