Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  97
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    3,058

    Default Re: Bennett Spring State Park, Missouri

    Quote Originally Posted by spm View Post

    Yes, it can get a little crowded.
    Especially on opening day.

    http://www.missouritrout.com/weavers...DSC_1714_2.jpg

  2. Likes spm, mridenour liked this post
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    1,499

    Default Re: Bennett Spring State Park, Missouri

    Quote Originally Posted by moucheur2003 View Post
    Never, EVER go on opening day.

  4. Likes spm liked this post
  5. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,657
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Bennett Spring State Park, Missouri

    Quote Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
    Never, EVER go on opening day.
    Never, ever EVER, EVER

    s.
    "As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler" ...Izaak Walton

    "Nothing is as bad as something that is not so bad"...Sr. Percival Blakeney, aka The Scarlet Pimpernel

  6. Likes mridenour, mcnerney liked this post
  7. Default Re: Bennett Spring State Park, Missouri

    I had an uncle that rarely missed opening day, and I never understood why he wanted to be a part of that. Even in Missouri, there's enough trout water to get your fix without crowds.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

  8. Likes mcnerney liked this post
  9. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    1,499

    Default Re: Bennett Spring State Park, Missouri

    Quote Originally Posted by herchammer View Post
    I had an uncle that rarely missed opening day, and I never understood why he wanted to be a part of that. Even in Missouri, there's enough trout water to get your fix without crowds.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Some people really enjoy the tailgating atmosphere of opening day. Me...not so much.

  10. Likes spm, mcnerney liked this post
  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,657
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Bennett Spring State Park, Missouri

    Quote Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
    Some people really enjoy the tailgating atmosphere of opening day. Me...not so much.
    Interesting. I never thought of it as tailgating, but I think you are right, Mike. Tailgating for fishermen.

    steve
    "As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler" ...Izaak Walton

    "Nothing is as bad as something that is not so bad"...Sr. Percival Blakeney, aka The Scarlet Pimpernel

  12. Likes mcnerney liked this post
  13. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    1,499

    Default Re: Bennett Spring State Park, Missouri

    Quote Originally Posted by spm View Post
    Interesting. I never thought of it as tailgating, but I think you are right, Mike. Tailgating for fishermen.

    steve
    Definitely more of a party than a fishing trip. Going to the Current on Black Friday Steve. Gonna eat at PJ's and hit the water for a few hours. Feel free to show up at breakfast and fish with us.

  14. Likes mcnerney, herchammer liked this post
  15. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,657
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Bennett Spring State Park, Missouri

    Quote Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
    Definitely more of a party than a fishing trip. Going to the Current on Black Friday Steve. Gonna eat at PJ's and hit the water for a few hours. Feel free to show up at breakfast and fish with us.
    Love to, but will have a house full of people that weekend. In-laws arrive on Wednesday and won't leave until Monday, no matter what I do. I would think you would have the place to yourself that day. Have a great day, and catch one for me.

    Thanks, Mike.
    steve
    "As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler" ...Izaak Walton

    "Nothing is as bad as something that is not so bad"...Sr. Percival Blakeney, aka The Scarlet Pimpernel

  16. Likes mridenour, mcnerney liked this post
  17. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Carmi, S. Ill
    Posts
    687

    Default Re: Bennett Spring State Park, Missouri

    Well, I'm a week late with this report, but my wife and I took Friday (Nov 13) off and went to Bennett for the first weekend of C&R. The water was crystal clear and low and the fish were in the mood to look UP. Dries and cracklebacks were the order of the day(s). Each day after lunch there was a light hatch of midges and tiny cream mayflies, which just put the fish in an even more looking-up mood. Hardly had on a bobber the whole time. The best dry-fly luck came on #18 and 20 parachute Adams (thanks again, Mr. Comeonavs!) And hot cracklebacks were the #14 pearl-grizzly, #14 blue holographic-ginger, and my dependable little Bob's fly in an 18 when the hatches started. Lots of fat fish. My wife, who loves her spinning outfit (even though she is getting pretty good with the fly rod), stuck almost exclusively with the Beadspread mini-jig (light yellow chenille, light yellow head). She stayed hooked up as much as anybody on the stream, including a 20-incher on Sunday morning!

    Since then, there has been a pretty good rain and the stream came up this past week. Anyway, we had a great time. Thanks for the post, Mr. spm!

    The Current on Black Friday sounds, awesome, Mr. Mridenour. I'm jealous, for sure. Hope you guys have a big day.

    Mark

  18. Likes mridenour, mcnerney, spm, huntschool, teardrop liked this post
  19. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,657
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Bennett Spring State Park, Missouri

    Quote Originally Posted by markfrid View Post
    Well, I'm a week late with this report, but my wife and I took Friday (Nov 13) off and went to Bennett for the first weekend of C&R. The water was crystal clear and low and the fish were in the mood to look UP. Dries and cracklebacks were the order of the day(s). Each day after lunch there was a light hatch of midges and tiny cream mayflies, which just put the fish in an even more looking-up mood. Hardly had on a bobber the whole time. The best dry-fly luck came on #18 and 20 parachute Adams (thanks again, Mr. Comeonavs!) And hot cracklebacks were the #14 pearl-grizzly, #14 blue holographic-ginger, and my dependable little Bob's fly in an 18 when the hatches started. Lots of fat fish. My wife, who loves her spinning outfit (even though she is getting pretty good with the fly rod), stuck almost exclusively with the Beadspread mini-jig (light yellow chenille, light yellow head). She stayed hooked up as much as anybody on the stream, including a 20-incher on Sunday morning!



    Since then, there has been a pretty good rain and the stream came up this past week. Anyway, we had a great time. Thanks for the post, Mr. spm!

    The Current on Black Friday sounds, awesome, Mr. Mridenour. I'm jealous, for sure. Hope you guys have a big day.

    Mark
    Sounds like a great weekend. Bennett really is a nice park. Were there many people there? Where did you stay.

    Good post. Thanks, Mark.
    steve
    "As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler" ...Izaak Walton

    "Nothing is as bad as something that is not so bad"...Sr. Percival Blakeney, aka The Scarlet Pimpernel

  20. Likes mridenour liked this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Video of this years Bennett Spring opening
    By stonum in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-03-2015, 12:54 PM
  2. Bennett Spring
    By stonum in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 05:06 PM
  3. State Forest State Park
    By comeonavs in forum Rocky Mountain Range
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 07:39 PM
  4. Spring Fishing at Bennett Spring and Maramec Spring in MO
    By flyfishnflowers in forum Coldwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 09:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •