Blue River, Oklahoma. 11-21-2017

okflyfisher

Reaction score
Went to the Blue River near Tishomingo, Oklahoma and had another rewarding day on the water. Caught plenty of 14-17" rainbows. Weather was super nice and the air temps were around 60 degrees with partly sunny skies. Water temperature was about 56 degrees. Saw a few trout rise, but not many so I used mainly nymph patterns which worked really well. Water is still very clear and flows were about normal. Saw a few hunters going in, but did not see any other fishers. Was nice having the place to myself and my wife. We then went to the lower section of the Blue and cooked lunch and I fished again and caught plenty of the stocker size bows. The lower section had plenty of fishers and campers for the Thanksgiving holiday. Weather was perfect for camping, fishing, and just being in the great outdoors.

image (2).jpg

Last edited:

mka

Reaction score
Nice rainbow! I'm going to have to try the Blue River sometime when I go back to visit family...the river looks beautiful!!!

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Donny

Looks like you had a great day on the water, congrats! I can only dream of 65 degree temps this time of year, here in Wyoming.
Not sure if you did the photos thumbnail size on purpose or not, but when you go to link from Imgbb, be sure to copy the "Full Size" photo link, not the thumbnail link.

okflyfisher

Reaction score
Thank you Larry. I'll try my best to be observant the next time, but..... Don't bet the farm on it.

Donny

okflyfisher

Reaction score
Nice rainbow! I'm going to have to try the Blue River sometime when I go back to visit family...the river looks beautiful!!!
Thanks!! It's a beautiful, spring fed river and it holds plenty of warm water species as well. Great fishing for bass, catfish, and sunfish during the warmer months!