Broken Bow Lake, Oklahoma.

okflyfisher

Reaction score
Well, this is not a fishing report, but just some observations in which I'm hoping will be good for the ongoing drought, and the LMF River this summer. Very heavy rains have fallen in the upper Mt. Fork River drainage which feeds Broken Bow Lake. The water flowing into the lake reached 70,000 cfs. which is up from 500 cfs. from just a day or two ago. The lake has risen 7' within the last 24 hours and continues to rise rapidly. I'm hoping with all the very cold runoff, the Lower Mt. Fork River trout fishery will have a good water year this summer. Unlike from the previous two years where the water temps reached lethal temps from July, all the way into November. It was some of the poorest trout fishing I've seen on the river during the warmer months in many, many years. A lot of our big holdover trout were lost due to this warm water flowing from the lake. More cold rains are forecasted to move into the area today and tonight(2-21/22-2018), so with a little luck, maybe this summer, the water temps will be sufficient enough to prevent any die-offs on the trout.

Last edited: