Louisiana Redfish Guide?

markfrid

Reaction score
We'll be in the New Orleans area in late Oct or early Nov to visit my niece and our new great-nephew. Should be fun! We also would like to do some redfish-ing while we're there and are looking for suggestions for a guide for a day or 2. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mark

myt1

Reaction score
Based on what I read in other threads on this site I booked with Jeremy Chavez.

He seems to split his time between Louisiana and Galveston.

He comes highly recommended.

I haven't actually fished with him yet, my buddy and I plan on fishing early November as well, but all my correspondense with him have gone very smoothly.

He does charge a credit card "convenience fee" of a few percentage points though, which I thought was a bit tacky.

Here is the link to his site: Houston Fly Fishing Guide - Captain Jeremy Chavez | Casting Tales

karstopo

Reaction score
Based on what I read in other threads on this site I booked with Jeremy Chavez.

He seems to split his time between Louisiana and Galveston.

He comes highly recommended.

I haven't actually fished with him yet, my buddy and I plan on fishing early November as well, but all my correspondense with him have gone very smoothly.

He does charge a credit card "convenience fee" of a few percentage points though, which I thought was a bit tacky.

Here is the link to his site: Houston Fly Fishing Guide - Captain Jeremy Chavez | Casting Tales
I believe Jeremy used to work as an accountant in a corporate setting. That might explain the nitpicking on the fee.

I’ve seen him once or twice around the marshes I stalk (usually at the launch) and he used to be on a local forum. On the local board, He used to post nice photos of redfish feeding and the like. Based just on his online presence and demeanor, he’s the guy I’d pick if I was going to get a guide. He’s not one that I’ve ever seen run down or talk trash online about their sports and that’s not the case for some of the other fly guides around here.

A lot of Galveston guides head to Louisiana in the cooler months for the bull red action.

justhrowit

Reaction score
I fished with Bailey Short last month. Couldn't have a better experience on the water. I'd look him up and go with him if he has a spot open. Tough time of the year to grab a random date

Good luck