LMF River trip. 8-8-2018

okflyfisher

Reaction score
Went to the Lower Mt. Fork River again this past week and had another rewarding trip. Really liking the water temps, in which they were staying in the low 60s even way downstream during the morning hours. Fished Zone II during the morning hours and even though the fishing was some what slow, I did manage to catch a few and lost three very nice bows. Also caught a few small bass. I quit fishing there by mid morning due to the water temps getting above 65 degrees. Fished Zone I off and on due to the thunderstorms, but did fair in that area as well. Water temps were very good there as well. Measured 60 degrees in several locations which was ideal. Caught a few browns and of course, the little guys that had hatched out recently. We are now in our hexagina hatch which is always a fun time to fish the river. Again... Had a great time with fewer crowds on the river since school is getting close to starting back.

Donny

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Donny

That looks like you had an awesome day on the LMF, congrats!
Someday we are going to have to drag you up to Wyoming for some fishing.

okflyfisher

Reaction score
Well, I hope you got the trim done and will be able to get on the water!!! Yes... Trying to live the dream anyways!

Donny

okflyfisher

Reaction score
Donny

That looks like you had an awesome day on the LMF, congrats!
Someday we are going to have to drag you up to Wyoming for some fishing.
Thanks Larry, I sure did, and....... Don't give up on me!! I sure plan on heading up that way soon!!