Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
  1. Default Beavers Bend State Park camping trip(10/19-28/2018

Had a great time at Beavers Bend State Park near Broken Bow, Oklahoma camping out, hiking, cooking, eating, fishing, eating, sight-seeing, eating, relaxing, eating and eating. Weather was super nice and it felt like Lake City, Colorado in September. It only rained two days on us, which wasn't bad at all. Didn't do a lot of fishing, but did well when I did. Took my daughter and daughter-in-law both fishing, and thankfully they did good. I was so tickled that they got into some fish. The fall colors were really starting about the time we had to leave. Getting very pretty. Hope to make it back down there before the leaves turn or drop. Again. Great trip and will be looking forward to our next October camping trip.

Donny

Last edited by okflyfisher; 11-02-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Beavers Bend State Park camping trip(10/19-28/2018

You know Donny, that these posts have totally changed my perceptions of OK. I have been there quite a few times but never to fish and never to these beautiful places you go to. Keep up the exploring buddy!

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

3. Likes okflyfisher liked this post
  4. Default Re: Beavers Bend State Park camping trip(10/19-28/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    You know Donny, that these posts have totally changed my perceptions of OK. I have been there quite a few times but never to fish and never to these beautiful places you go to. Keep up the exploring buddy!
    Thank you very much Ard!!! We do have some beautiful streams and they are not all red and muddy! LOL. I'll do my best on the exploring and thanks again for the very kind comments!

Donny

5. Likes Ard liked this post

I'm glad you had a good time, Donny. I'm especially glad that your daughter's did well on their first time out. They might be "hooked"! Remember, you are invited to "Trout Camp" in December. Ard: The Lower Mountain Fork at Beaver's Bend State Park in the Oachita Mountains of Oklahoma is a lovely place to fly fish. It gets a bit over-run from time to time, but I imagine all of the well known spots throughout the US are that way nowadays. It's a put-and-take fishery, mainly, but a lot of fish manage to "hold-over", so there's always a chance at at a pretty good-sized trout. Also, browns are encouraged to spawn, which I believe they do some.

7. Likes okflyfisher liked this post
  8. Default Re: Beavers Bend State Park camping trip(10/19-28/2018

Great pics as always. One of Oklahoma's hidden gems that the word got out on.

9. Likes okflyfisher liked this post
  10. Default Re: Beavers Bend State Park camping trip(10/19-28/2018

Quote Originally Posted by jonbo View Post
    I'm glad you had a good time, Donny. I'm especially glad that your daughter's did well on their first time out. They might be "hooked"! Remember, you are invited to "Trout Camp" in December. Ard: The Lower Mountain Fork at Beaver's Bend State Park in the Oachita Mountains of Oklahoma is a lovely place to fly fish. It gets a bit over-run from time to time, but I imagine all of the well known spots throughout the US are that way nowadays. It's a put-and-take fishery, mainly, but a lot of fish manage to "hold-over", so there's always a chance at at a pretty good-sized trout. Also, browns are encouraged to spawn, which I believe they do some.
    Jon,
    Thanks for the invite, but not going to be able to make it. Hope the weather is good and everyone has a great time!!

Hi Donny
    Like Ard I too was unaware of This Great Fishery in Oklahoma...some nice Fish & A Beautiful Place..
    Brian

12. Likes okflyfisher liked this post
    Blog Entries

Donny

Thanks for sharing all those great photos, you certainly have a beautiful area to fish!
    Larry

14. Likes okflyfisher liked this post
  15. Default Re: Beavers Bend State Park camping trip(10/19-28/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
    Hi Donny
    Like Ard I too was unaware of This Great Fishery in Oklahoma...some nice Fish & A Beautiful Place..
    Brian
    Thank you Brian!!! Very much appreciate your kind comment!!

16. Default Re: Beavers Bend State Park camping trip(10/19-28/2018

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Donny

Thanks for sharing all those great photos, you certainly have a beautiful area to fish!
    Thank you very much Larry!!! I agree. It is a beautiful place to fish, especially this time of year!! Currently, the foliage is spectacular!!

17. Likes mcnerney, Ard liked this post