Current river short film

spm

Reaction score
I have stated numerous times how I love the Current river, here in Missouri. Nestled in the Ozarks, it is part of the Ozark National
Scenic Riverways and managed by the NPS. I found this short film on FB by a local angler who shares my love for this river. It is titled "Spring Fed". He is entered in an amateur filmmaker contest, but that is not why I'm linking it, here. It just shows a little of what this river is about. I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks,
steve

[video=youtube;xHAWSCIAcmc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=180&v=xHAWSCIAcmc[/video]

Last edited:

jangles

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Marana ,Hellazonia . Idaho , Utah , Mt , NM and Wy
I learned to fly fish on that smelly old river in 75 . Spent many a night at Loves Cabins and if you don't know loves , you don't know the Current . Floated the river to Two Rivers and dove the caves . Busch beer must be the Mo. state beer as I have never seen a river with so many full beer cans on the bottom and everyone of them Busch . A wonderful small mouth river also .

trout stalker

Reaction score
The Current River is my favorite to fish here in Missouri. Something about spring fed and Ozark mountains just makes it perfect.

jangles

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Marana ,Hellazonia . Idaho , Utah , Mt , NM and Wy
Dang, those are some fattys.
I fished that river a lot , I'm talking 6 weeks a summer and frequently in the winter and never caught anything close to those . I actually never saw one come out that size but in fairness that was quite a while ago and fish do grow ! The smallies on the other hand were nice football size tractor pulls !! Ima have to get back there fore I die . Problem with that is now that the movie is out , the place will get even more beat to death .

proheli

Reaction score
I fished that river a lot , I'm talking 6 weeks a summer and frequently in the winter and never caught anything close to those . I actually never saw one come out that size but in fairness that was quite a while ago and fish do grow ! The smallies on the other hand were nice football size tractor pulls !! Ima have to get back there fore I die . Problem with that is now that the movie is out , the place will get even more beat to death .
Haha, “tractor pull” is a great analogy.

Yes, that is the predicament. Someone makes a vid to share the excitement of some experience, and then lot of folks want to go do it too, and there are So Many people that it forever changes the nature of the thing you wanted to share. Actually making so they couldn't jave experienced it anyway. That's very full circle.

I definitely like these movies. They are really just like advertising and have the same effect, but we don’t call them that yet. If you are a ski resort, or the Yankees, then you want tons of people to show up, but most places aren’t prepared for or capable of handling major influxes of people. Guys are definitely learning they can no longer share everything they know.

It does sounds like a great place to go. When I sad fat, some of them actuality look fat, from extra food and being a bit lazy, lol.

We’ve been talking about going through the Ozarks for a while. I’m sure I’ll get to go in there and fish at some point. Glad you liked it so much.

Cheers !

Last edited:

brownbass

Reaction score
I have been on the Current for decades and never fished the area in the video until four years ago. I canoed downstream from that area for fun and smallmouth (Two Rivers) down. There are some really nice fish in the area shown but most of them are smaller and none of the Browns are natives, they will not reproduce much in the Current and the Rainbows drift down from the state park that stocks for catch and keep daily during the season. There are for sure some nice fish, nicer than shown. I had one monster take my indicator, bigger than what you see on the video. I have also had to see and deal with snaggers, people illegally bow fishing for trout, and others taking more than their legal limit. It's a beautiful river but the experience is sometimes less than wonderful.

Bill