Lower Mt. Fork River 7-15-2019

okflyfisher

Reaction score
Had another wonderful trip to the LMF River near Broken Bow, Oklahoma. The fishing started out stellar in the early a.m., but after 9:00 a.m., it basically just quit. Water temps in that area could have been a factor. They were around 67-69 degrees when I started, but when I left around 10:00 a.m., it was bumping 71 degrees. Too warm to be fishing there anyways. So, I headed upstream to find colder water and I did, but it didn't make much difference in the fishing. Water temps were very cool. Around 61-63 degrees. I had the occasional hook-up, but basically, it was just slow for me. I did miss one very nice brown and hooked into some smaller stocker size browns through the day. The day finally ended on a good note even though the bows were on the small size. Right before dark, they turned on and it was a fun, but short, feeding frenzy.
The weather was outstanding. In all the 30 years I've been fly fishing for trout on the LMF River, I've never seen it this cool for mid July. Never got above 78 degrees and we can thank tropical storm Barry for that.
It's normally very hot and humid. So again.... Had a great time and sure enjoyed the mild weather and the time spent outside on the river.

Donny

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
You know I always find your posts and once again you've made Oklahoma look like the Catskill's to me. Not only are you good at catching those trout but you ain't too shabby with a camera buddy :)

okflyfisher

Reaction score
You know I always find your posts and once again you've made Oklahoma look like the Catskill's to me. Not only are you good at catching those trout but you ain't too shabby with a camera buddy :)
Well Ard!! I very much appreciate that!! Thank you!!