Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Default Bull red testing the 8 wt!

Big thanks to a friend of mine for getting me some bow time and putting me on this hammer! The 8wt was working hard on this guy! Felt great being on the pointed end! IMG_9271.jpgIMG_9270.jpg
    Capt. Josh Gisclair
    985-688-0554
    www.shallowsights.com

2. Likes marianeq, markg52 liked this post

Default Re: Bull red testing the 8 wt!

everyone always says "you should have seen the fishing here 50 years ago"...
    I tell people if they want that type of fishing hire a guide to do some fly fishing for reds out of Louisiana...
    it doesnt get any better than that!

4. Likes Capt. Josh Gisclair liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by okaloosa View Post
    everyone always says "you should have seen the fishing here 50 years ago"...
    I tell people if they want that type of fishing hire a guide to do some fly fishing for reds out of Louisiana...
    it doesnt get any better than that!
    I agree! Its hard to beat Louisiana bulls on fly. In my opinion they are the best sport fish for fly anglers. They also allow for many shots for new fly anglers which makes it fun!
    Capt. Josh Gisclair
    985-688-0554
    www.shallowsights.com

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Josh Gisclair View Post
    I agree! Its hard to beat Louisiana bulls on fly. In my opinion they are the best sport fish for fly anglers. They also allow for many shots for new fly anglers which makes it fun!
    I have fly fished for reds for 30 yrs...most places if you spook a red its in the next zip code...
    often if you spook reds in the lower La delta they move 15 feet and you have another shot.
    I caught one big louisiana bull on the 4th cast! I think he just finally gave up and ate !

7. Likes Capt. Josh Gisclair liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by okaloosa View Post
    I have fly fished for reds for 30 yrs...most places if you spook a red its in the next zip code...
    often if you spook reds in the lower La delta they move 15 feet and you have another shot.
    I caught one big louisiana bull on the 4th cast! I think he just finally gave up and ate !
    That is awesome! It seems if you aggravate them enough times with a fly to their face they just try to kill it haha.
    Capt. Josh Gisclair
    985-688-0554
    www.shallowsights.com