Backpacking Trip in MO/AR

tumblinweed

Reaction score
Within the next year or so I'm planning to take a backpacking fly fishing trip out west and already have a couple destinations in mind. As my first post on the forum stated, I am pretty new to fly fishing but I have a decent amount of backpacking experience. But I've never combined the two. As I prepare for my trip out west I'd like to take a couple shorter trips locally, as in 2-4 day trips, to get my packing list and gear selection honed down. One option I considered is the Current River. Having someone drop me off below the park and hike up to Montauk. But I don't know the Current well enough to know if that's possible. I'm also in the process of researching the North Fork and White River to see if either of those would work. Does anyone have any suggestions for places I may have overlooked? Or just suggestions in general for a trip of this type? I've done quite a bit of reading on the subject and have complied lots of different versions of packing lists, but it never hurts to get another opinion or suggestion.