Anyone want to fish Galveston or Corpus Bay?

prismfisher

Reaction score
Sorry I cannot fish with you down there as we recently moved back to Montana. You will however find some great fly fishing down there.... keep an eye on the wind conditions as it can play havoc. If you go to Texaskayakfisherman.com (not a plug) you will find a lot of info on places to park and wade of access points that yak fishermen use. THat was my main M.O down there and it is a blast... There are some yak rental outfits and it will hook ya.

Just some of my favorite, look for sportsman's road access. Lots of marsh areas to the south for wading and fly fishing for reds or flounder in the grass. Also, head out towards pass at west end of island (san louis) for some good wading on the flats out there.. be careful of tidal movement as it can get dicey. Make sure to have a 7 or 8 weight rod..... any smaller and you will have trouble with slot reds (20-28)

Also, heading down between houston and G-town, there is a huge fishing store right near south beltway 8 called Fishing tackle unlimited.... Good spot for local knowledge.

Hope that helps.

pete a

Reaction score
Look up Slow Ride Guide Service in Port Aransas/Rockport area. They rent yaks and do differing level of outfitted to fully guided services in the Light House Lakes area.

Very well thought of outfit along the coast in the yak/fly groups.

Pete A.