Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: new member

1. Default new member

Hallo every body my name is Igme and I am a fly fisher man for the last 10 years and I live in South Africa

Default Re: new member

WOW!

Igme- welcome to the forum, very glad you found us. Looking forward to hearing about the fishing over there. Make yourself at home!

mark

Hi Igme,

Welcome to the forum. Please tell us what you fish for. Some pictures of your waters would be great. Are there fly shops to buy gear or do you order everything?

Frank

4. Default Re: new member

Thank you Mark and Frank,yes I fish mostly for trout in still water and small rivers and the indigenous Yellow fish in our big rivers we also do some saltwater.We do have a few good fly fishing shops mostly in the bigger city's but I still order a lot of stuff from the USA because of availability and the good sevice the only problem is our currency R8 to 1US$.

Hi Igme,

I suggest that you add your location to your Profile. If you ask any questions the responder needs to know you are in South Africa. You can add your location by clicking on the User CP at the top of the page. It will take you to your Control Panel. Then choose Edit Your Details.

Frank

And tell us about those yellow fish--- sounds great (whatever they are). Are they like Tigerfish?

7. Default Re: new member

[IMG][/IMG]Hallo Mark no the Yellow fish is not like tiger fish they are more a bottom feeder we do get them in the Orange and Vaal river in South Africa very hard fighting fish because of the fast flowing rivers and the best way to target them is Nymphing.

Thanks Igme, it's always interesting to hear about what other folks fish for, it looks like they can get pretty big and must be a lot of fun on a fly rod.

mark