Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Please allow me to introduce myself...

Although I am not new to life I am new to fly fishing. Fishing was something I did a lot of as a kid, now, not so much. I plan on taking two classes being offered at a local fly store. They have a beginning knot tying class and a "Practical Casting" class coming up.

I also plan on learning much from this forum. Including which rod and reel to start with, where to find a local stream to practice--live in the Twin Cities--, and much, much more.

Please give me any guidance you can.

Thank you,

T.

Default Re: Please allow me to introduce myself...

Hello T and welcome to the forum. Happy to have you join us. You are wise to take advantage of your local classes. You'll have a great foundation to build on. Keep us posted on your progress and dont be bashful about asking questions. Thats what everyone is here for, to ask and answer.
    Seth

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...

T. Good to have you here.

Blog Entries

T: Welcome aboard! The best rod and reel is like buying Chevys vs Fords. You already have started a relationship with your local fly shop......very wise move on your part! You will get a chance to try casting several different models, pay attention to how each feels in YOUR hands, that is the best way to figure out which rod/reel combo will be the best for your style of casting and within your budget. We look forward to hearing your your progress, don't hesitate to ask questions.

Larry
    Larry

Blog Entries

Hi Tilden,

Good intro line for all of us pushing 60 we remember the line well Glad you found us,

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

T

Welcome to the fun!! Enjoy!!
    Davo
    My worst day on the water beats my best day anywhere else hands down!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures

Welcome to the forum! You're not far from some excellent trout fishing. Great journey!

Cheers,
    Mike.

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Welcome to the forum from a fellow frozen Minnesotan. What kind of fish do you plan to go after? Much of the advice we can give will be based on that.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    Welcome to the forum from a fellow frozen Minnesotan. What kind of fish do you plan to go after? Much of the advice we can give will be based on that.
    Dan
    Hey Dan,

Thanks for the welcome. I will be going after trout in the SE part of MN, that, or, on the Kinnickinnic River in WS. That is my plan now, but it will change as I get better. I have been in your neck of the woods back in the 90's fishing walleye. You are in some mighty fine country.

Look forward to learning much from you and the fellow members.

Best regards,

T.

Welcome to the Madhouse, Tilden-Mad about fly fishing, of course! Lovely part of the country to live in. Flew into Minneapolis last May an my way to visit my sister in eastern South Dakota and was very impressed by all the waters in the area. Reckon 10.000 lakes as your license plates claim is an Under estimate! Tight Lines and hope we can help you on your fly fishing journeys-and I'd Love to get back to fish around the Ely area where I fished many moons ago for walleyes, northern pike and some sizeable lake trout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast