Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Newbie

1. Default Newbie

Hello All,

This is my first post here. I am new to this site (duh ) and fairly new to fly fishing. Really quick about me: I started fly fishing last summer after I got hurt at work. Doc said no more active jobs or sports. Suck!! I was in law enforcement (Sorry ) and firefighting and that was my life. I am not yet 30 and that sucks even more. So I took up fly fishing. Sadly I only got in a couple of days last summer before a surgery that has laid me up until last month. Anyway I really enjoy it and now it is almost all I think about. I love the outdoors and the places that fly fishing can take a person. Hopefully one day it will be me! Anyways hello again to all and I look forward to a fun time here!!!

llsmketr

2. Default Re: Newbie

Hey I will say welcome. This forum is a little quieter than a lot of others I am on. Sorry about the misfortunes that you have had to deal with and I hope the fly fishing Gods look down on you often and in a big way

3. Default Re: Newbie

Welcome to the forum... and welcome to fly fishing. Fly fishing has a way of taking one's mind off of their hardships... I know... I've been there too. A peaceful high mountain stream will melt your worries away.

Thanks for joining and let us know how we can help.

Steve

Default Re: Newbie

Welcome to the group! Please let us know how we can help
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

5. Default Re: Newbie

Thanks guys. Joni, I like quiet sometimes so that will be good. After all, if the rivers were like a wal-mart line then I don't think we would love the sport like we do. Just a thought.

llsmketr
    "We sometimes spend our whole lives searching for what is right in front of us"

llsmketr