Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: newbie

1. Default newbie

hey fly fishing family!

greetings from a south-texas angler. i'm new to the community here, been flyfishing for a long time, though.

a little about me: i'm a long-rod (6wt.,10') sage guy with a smattering of other gear. 4's for little brookies; 8's, 9's for saltwater although i've never actually caught anything i've pursued in sw... but i digress.

(maybe someone can help me here? think: upper laguna madre, trout/redfish/etc.???)

currently, i'm planning a road/fishing trip from texas, through new mexico, colorado, wyoming, (YELLOWSTONE!), and finally, SW montana- bitterroot valley- where i have family. we'll hang there for a week or so, then head back a different route.

if anyone's in:
    CO: durango, montrose, (anywhere on the western slope)
    WY: jackson hole, tetons, yellowstone, etc.
    Southwestern MT: yellowstone, missoula, bitterroot valley, hamilton, darby, sula, etc.

I'LL BUY THE BEER AND LUNCH if you'll go fishing with us! don't want to hire a guide, just someone to point us in the right direction! PM/Email me samuelpitamber@gmail.com if you're in the area and we'd love to meet up w/ you for a day of trouting.

grace and peace-
    samuel pitamber

Blog Entries

Default Re: newbie

Welcome to the party, Samuel. I'd stick around to welcome you more, but I gotta get on the road. Some wild trout are callin' my name.

MP

Default Re: newbie

Samuel welcome aboard, sounds like you're off on a great expedition. What a blast! Hope to hear all about it when you're back.

mark