New from france

nav

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I'm happy to join this community and dynamic forum. I'm 37, french, and involved in fly fishing for 2 decade.

My favourite technic is what we call here "nymph on sight" which means small nymphs on spotted fish, long leader (up to 6/7 meters), for trout & grayling. And I like the czech method as well.

I enjoy flyfish for carp / barbel / pike ... actually everything with fins and scales.

Unfortunately I've never been in USA, but still dream with some movies / TV reports showing the quality of fishing in your country, and the respect of catch & release.

If any of you wants info about fly fishing possibilities in France, just ask !!

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bienvenue...un français de plus!Ici,c'est vraiment très sympa,l'accueil exceptionnel...on se prend pas au sérieux,c'est sans doute le meilleur forum de pêche à la mouche!
Best;)

lourdios

Reaction score
salut nymphe a vue ;)
de quelle region es-tu ?
for sure you'll enjoy this forum :)

nav

Reaction score
Salut les froggies.

Je suis en Picardie, bon c'est pas top top, mais y a quelques chalkstreams où la nymphe marche bien. Sinon je pêche pas mal en Corrèze, et j'ai habité en Franche Comté, donc je connais les rivières du secteur.

A +

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Nav,

Welcome to the forum. Some of our most respected members are from France and other countries in Europe. I am glad you decided to join and hope you enjoy our Forum.

I hope some day you might get over to the US. We do have some wonderful fishing over here. Can you show us a picture of a barbel. I am sure a lot of us don't know what it is.

Frank

nav

Reaction score
Here are some pics of barbel. A fish living in fast flowing river, feeding on the bottom, quite likes nymphs and provides great fun on a fly rod.

nav

Reaction score
Here is another pic showing the bending rod with a 6 lbs barbel hooked

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
nav: Welcome to the forum, good to have another frenchman here to keep JP and lourdios in line. LOL! Thanks for posting the pictures of catching barbel, that looks to be a fun fish to hook into, very hard fighter. Looking forward to more of your fishing reports.

Larry

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Nav,

I thought the Barbel was something we have over here and you called it something different. That is not like anything we have over here. What is that hanging down at the front of its mouth. Do that use that to dug or steer up the bottom for food?

Frank

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
nav: Welcome to the forum, good to have another frenchman here to keep JP and lourdios in line. LOL! Thanks for posting the pictures of catching barbel, that looks to be a fun fish to hook into, very hard fighter. Looking forward to more of your fishing reports.

Larry
I think Larry's expecting us to send him a big parcel full of good french wine bottles for Xmas:D

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I think Larry's expecting us to send him a big parcel full of good french wine bottles for Xmas:D
JP: Good one, that was funny! If I ever get you over here to go fishing with me you will have to bring a nice bottle of wine that we can share around the campfire!

Larry

Fly2Fish

Reaction score
I've had many a great meal in France centered around a barbel for the main course. And Larry, as far as a great bottle of French wine around a campfire, that doesn't compute - but a good bottle of Kentucky Bourbon would sure fill the need :wink:

nav

Reaction score
Here is a small stream in the french Pyrénées.

4 barbels spotted (not easy, but they're here) :

A heavy nymph to reach the bottom quickly, and it starts :

A surrending barbel :

PS : where should I post some other fishing reports ??

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
nav: That is a nice looking stream and the photos were great. Thanks for sharing.
I put my fishing reports in the Rocky Mountain forum because that is where I live but they don't have something specific for you so I guess you could put your reports in the Cold Water Fly Fishing Forum, maybe Frank will jump in here with a better idea!

Larry

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Nav welcome to the forum! You'll fit right in here! Great pics.

I think a good place for your trip reports would be the General Forum- it gets the most "eyeballs" and I'm sure other folks would love to see them--- It's always great to see fishing from far away places and I'm sure all our folks would enjoy seeing the pics of your waters, the flies you use ...... and the fish you catch.

Again welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your posts.

mark

HuronRiverDan

Reaction score
Welcome to the site... Your barbels look similar to the various species of sucker we have here, and they can be tough to catch and when you do hook one you do get a fight.

Dan

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi nav,

Under the General Fly Fishing Discussion heading there are two forums you can use. The Coldwater Fishing Forum or the Warmwater Fishing Forum. Use the one that is appropriate for your fishing conditions.

Frank