Hello from the midwest

muskyman

Reaction score
Hi

My name is Thom and I am a fly fishing aholic:D

I spend most my fishing time chasing musky with fly tackle and I fish northern wisconsin rivers and lakes.

I have spent a good deal of time down in Florida as well and have done a good deal of shallow back country stuff.

I love to drive back to isolated back country lakes where most people are not willing to work hard enough to access or dont have the vehichle for it.

I have a 11 year old daughter and she is just starting to come into her own with a fly rod so the next few years should be great.

If anyone has any questions on flyfishing for musky I have been chasing them for about 20 years now with fly tackle and I love to share information.

Thom

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Thom,

Welcome to the forum. We have some other Musky chasers as members. I hope we get to see some pictures of a few Muskies. Do you tie flies?

Frank

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Thom,

I have never caught a Musky but I know I would like it. I'll echo Frank in saying I'll look forward to some photographs of the fish you're catching. Don't be afraid to take landscape pictures of all the beautiful places you fish so we can see them too.

Ard

Kerry Pitt

Reaction score
Hi there Muskyman! I have never fished for Musky before, just Pike up here in Northern Alberta.
This is a great place to be, lots of knowledge and really great folks. I hope you will post a few pictures and tell a few stories here, sort of helps us northern people get through the hard water months.:)

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Frank!Just read the article from the link....but What surprises me is that ....If my memories are....good,the pikes I caught looked very much like muskies:D(mainly the colors)

muskyman

Reaction score
thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I will have to set up a photo bucket and link some musky pics.

And to answer franks question, I tie pretty much all the flies I fish. It makes the pursuit that much more fun.