waldow

Reaction score
Lo everyone,
Been fly fishing for about 40 years. I'm gonna retire in about 25 yrs when I reach 92 so I can spend more time fishing.
The reason I joined today is to find someone on the forum that may know some history of 2 old fly fishermen/expert fly tiers-- Capt. George F. Weise and Dr. Charles Brady Jr. Any help?

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Waldo,

Can't help with those two but have you Goggled them?

Welcome to the forum, where are you from & what do you fish for?

Ard

waldow

Reaction score
Hi Waldo,

Can't help with those two but have you Goggled them?

Welcome to the forum, where are you from & what do you fish for?

Ard
Google? Just kidding- searched Goog for three hours before giving up. Dr Brady was from Hickory, NC and I have no idea where Capt Weise was from.
The reason I am searching is because I came into some FFing things that were theirs. One of the fly cases was inscribed---" flies sent to orvis company for samples in fly tying, Dec,1965" This was from Dr. Brady who evidently was a master fly tier. From the flies in the collection I got--he was one of the best I've ever seen.

Yeah--25 years to retirement---what a plan I have! At 92, Ill be able to fish all day long---LOL
I mainly fish for LMB or Smallies with spinning or bait caster. For trout, I will go to Wilson's Creek, upper and lower. My wife and I will walk the upper part many times in the spring and summer-clear water, wary fish--- can't beat it. We live on Beech Mtn-so it's a very short trip and beautiful!

Brewmaster-- yeah, heard it many times before and I don't mind hearing it again.

thanks to all the welcomers

EXPATRIATE

Reaction score
A Hearty Hello Waldow. An LMB fsiherman is an angler after my heart! Fished for smallmouths on the fly for the first time in the States last summer and Hey-they fight just as hard as their bigger cousins-if not harder! You are indeed lucky to have come into flies tied by an ace tier. Hang onto them. They may have been tied in 1965, but I'll bet you they'll still work today!