Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: new member

Default new member

Charlie Brown here.I started fly fishing,and tying in the late 80s,and self taught.I spend my time fishing for any warm water species.I make fly rod lures of balsa wood.Hook sizes are from # 14, to as big as I can get.Most of what I make are top water lures.Poppers,sliders,skipping bugs,divers, popping divers.Lures with rattles,propellers,spinners.I also have a line of sub-surface
    lures,again of balsa.I live in North Western Penna..I'm of my seventh float tube,my favorite way to fish.I enjoy reproducing vintage fly rod lures.I'm not
    very good on the computer,next I'll try my luck at posting some photos.If I have trouble,help will be appreciated.

Charlie Brown

Blog Entries

Default Re: new member

Charlie: Welcome to the forum! I'd sure like to see some of your vintage lures. The forum doesn't allow posting a photo into a thread directly from your computer due to virus issues. First you need to post a photo into the photo Gallery/album or some other web site like photobucket and then link to that site.
    Here is the FAQ on how to post a photo: The North American Fly Fishing Forum - FAQ

Larry
    Larry

Blog Entries

Charlie Brown! Looking forword to your posts and photo's.
    -Tom Wilson
    Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Hi Charlie, Byron in northwest england here. I'm fascinated by someone who makes fly lures from balsa wood. Was in a craft shop in London last week and almost bought some balsa for $4.00 a large assortment. Now you're on here I wish I had. Look forward to seeing your lures.