Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Saying howdy...

Default Saying howdy...

I just found this forum. I have lived all my life in the Missouri Ozarks, but have been visiting the West, and especially Montana, fly fishing for more than 15 years, and have owned land and a cabin near the Yellowstone for four years. Last year we found a house on the Yellowstone outside of Livingston that we could afford, so now we will be splitting time living in Montana and Missouri.

I am a passionate river fisherman, mostly for smallmouth bass in Missouri, but I love fly fishing for trout on the rivers of the West. I'm active on Ozarkanglers.com concerning fishing in Missouri and Arkansas, and I'm glad to find a place on the web where I can indulge my other passion...outside of actually fishing, I love to discuss fishing!

Default Re: Saying howdy...

I am also new to the forums as well as fly fishing but welcome aboard!

Al. It must be nice to share your time between to beautiful places. I look forward to reading your posts.
    -Tom Wilson
    Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Welcome al_a

As you soon will discover we love photos and stories and welcome them from newbies and seniors. Also check out the search site, lots of good stories and info hidden in there.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Welcome to the Forum Al...Looking forward to lots of pics and reports...

Dan

Al. Lots of us share the same passions. Good to have you here.

Glad you joined up here Al- you live in some great fly fishing country. Make yourself at home!
    Mark

Welcome to the forum..
    Neil
    fishn50@aol.com
    Remember to fill in the dash----